Moob business done, tracheostomy in the pipeline, Series 2 antibiotic
Posted Sep 10 2009 10:46pm
Yesterday we went to the Lutheran General Hospital Center for Advanced Care which is a remarkable building, the architecture is absolutely astonishing just like the rest of the hospital. Anyway we saw the breast specialist and she ordered an ultrasound be taken. The ultrasound showed normal breast tissue, although my left breast in comparison to the right is MUCH more tissue, some of it even looking like FEMALE breast tissue. We are going to speak to a breast surgeon to see about getting this… tumor removed. I reassure all of you it is NORMAL BREAST TISSUE but with many tender sore spots, thus removal is probably a good idea. Also if I don’t get it removed I will need to go in for yearly ultrasounds to make sure it does not TURN cancerous. When it comes to procedures I am definitely not procedure shy, I like getting things FIXED. So we are going to make an appointment with a surgeon who specializes
in breast surgery on non cancerous tumors.
We also scheduled with the Ear Nose & Throat surgeon to do a Pre-Tracheostomy evaluation and Pre-Op work up, I am expecting to have the tracheostomy surgery its self and a ventilator next month.
My pneumonia is NOT BETTER. Thus me and my doctor both agreed that running a second series of antibiotic tonight should kock it out. If after this series it is not clear we will consider admission for I.V superantibiotics. At that point I am sure I will get my traceostomy.
Orders as follows
ENT (Ear Nose Throat) Surgeon for Pre-Tracheostomy eval (1:15 PM Monday)
Muscle Biopsy – See if there is a muscular dystrophy or other disease directly affecting the muscle such as progressive rhabdmyolysis. (Live – To be scheduled) (OP / IP at doctors discretion)<WAIT SCHEDULING>
Toxicology panels (drug & standard) – See if disease caused by toxic mutagenic agent (OP) <INACTIVE>[WAIT FOR BETTER INSURANCE]