It's only 8° today and the temperature will be falling throughout the day. Thankfully it's a comfortable 72° in here. I'm very fortunate that the house stays warm and I started off my day with a mug of hot Tea. I realize many individuals are not so fortunate. In weather conditions like this, it's always good to check on friends and neighbors especially the elderly or individuals with disabilities to ensure their well being.
Every year I listen to a newscast were an individual starts his or her house on fire in several ways. 1. Trying to dethaw their frozen water lines by using a torch.
2. Using candles or a gas or electric stove as a heat source.
3. Faulty kerosene heaters or malfunctioning wood stoves.
Please exercise the utmost caution around your home. An open flame of any kind is potential for disaster... Don't be another winter statistic.