Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease that is extremely difficult to diagnose. The reasons for this include:
* More than 50 symptoms are linked to MS and each person develops symptoms differently.
* Many of the symptoms mimic problems that occur with other diseases.
* There is no blood test for MS, yet.
* Symptoms usually come and go.
* Many symptoms are vague and hard to quantify, such as fatigue, sexual dysfunction, depression and cognitive difficulties -â€“ these often get attributed to stress by general practitioners and patients may never referred to a neurologist.