According to TripsWithPets.com, who recently completed a survey of over 200 pet traveling parents and pet friendly hotels & accommodations that provide the following top 5 pet-loving amenities desired by pet travelers and their pampered pets, win their business every time.
1. Welcome Gift Accommodations that create a great first impression do so by demonstrating their "pet loving" commitment by delivering first class comfort to their guest's loyal companions. From packaged pet treats (in a paper bag with a pretty bow and personalized tag), to a portable water bowl and chewy ball toy, they offer every four-legged friend their very own welcome gift and watch them wiggle and squirm with delight. They understand that it's the gesture, more than the content or the gift bag that matters. Pet parents appreciate little tokens that welcome their pets as valued guests.
Want to find out what premier pet friendly accommodations include in their pet welcome gift? Check out the Kimpton Hotels and you'll get dog-gone excited!
2. Pet Bed Traveling can be taxing. Routines are disrupted, new sights and sounds and experiences can exhaust even the hardiest of travelers. Packing is often an issue, too, with little room left over to haul pet bedding and sleeping paraphernalia. Pet lovers look for accommodations that provide clean, well-kept pet bedding to help their four-legged friends drift off to sleep in comfort.
Westin Hotels provide a perfect example of pet pampering by offering dogs designer beds with luxury bedding that includes over-sized pillows. Their stylish dog beds fit the decorum perfectly, matching the design of the human-size beds precisely.
3. Designated Pet Walking/Potty Area Providing a designated pet walking/potty area complete with poop bags and garbage receptacles are a must-have for pet travelers. It's important that this area be clearly marked and as separate from normal traffic areas, as possible. Fenced in areas are particularly appealing to pet owners as they can keep their pet confined, and safe, while allowing for exercise.
Clean, well-lit and safe are what pet travelers are looking for in outdoor accommodations when they travel with their pets. Check out Candlewood Suites and their PAW program (pets are welcome) - they do a great job with this!
4. Concierge Services Like their human companions, dogs and cats want to see the sights on their vacation, too. Pet friendly accommodations that sniff out the favorite local pet friendly attractions and services ahead of time score big with the jet-setting pet crowd. Pet parents look for hotels & accommodations that truly care about pet guests by providing them with what the need to have a happy and safe stay. They want a concierge who is local and knows the area well, and is devoted to making sure their pets have a 5-star vacation experience.
5. On-Site Pet Services Most accommodations don't allow guests to keep pets in-room unattended, as even the most well behaved may act out when in a strange place. However, on the occasion people guests need to go somewhere without their pet, they are looking for the convenience of on-site pet services that include feeding, refilling water bowls, walking dogs around the immediate vicinity, changing litter, administering meds and providing affection, as needed. Some pet friendly hotels go so far as to offer pet massages and basic grooming!