PetSmart® Invites Pet Parents to Celebrate Pets’ Birthdays!
Posted Apr 01 2009 2:43pm
According to a national PetSmart ® [NASDAQ: PETM] survey, 53 percent of pet parents celebrate their pet’s birthday or the day their pet joined their family. For pets of all kinds, PetSmart understands and knows the joy in celebrating important milestones in pets’ lives, from the day they come home to their new family through their golden years.
· The event is free and includes complimentary photo packages and goodie bags.
· Pets and pet parents can participate in a “musical sit” game and compete for prizes including PetSmart gift cards and Purina prize coupons.
· Accredited pet trainers will also be at the event to teach pets the “sit” command.
“Celebrating these important times with our pets fosters the close, emotional bond our pets have with us,” said PetSmart Veterinarian and Pet Care Expert Dr. Robyn Jaynes. “Whether you celebrate by throwing a birthday party with other pets or by giving your pet a special treat or toy, taking time to celebrate is just one way to live a happier, healthier life with your pet.”
Pet parents can join the PetSmart PetPerks ® loyalty program and receive a birthday card for their dog or cat with an offer to visit any PetSmart store and choose a special treat or toy. The program is free and is a great way to save on great pet products through the year. Special Offers for PetPerks® Members Terms of sale may vary, see PetSmart associate for details. As part of the pet birthday celebration, pet parents shopping at PetSmart in-store or online through April 27 will save up to 20 percent on hundreds of items including food, treats and toys to make their pet’s special day one to remember. Exclusive offers include:
· Science Diet: $9 off select 35-pound bags of dry dog food (regularly $52.99), while supplies last. U.S. only.
· IAMS: $6 off select 48-pound bags of dry dog food (regularly $38.99), while supplies last. U.S. only.
· IAMS: $10 off select dry cat food (regularly $43.99), while supplies last. U.S. only.
· PURINA: Buy one, get one free on Busy Bone Original dog treats (regularly $3.19), while supplies last. U.S. only.
About PetSmart PetSmart, Inc. is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The company operates more than 1,112 pet stores in the United States and Canada, 142 in-store PetSmart PetsHotels® cat and dog boarding facilities, and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information ( www.petsmart.com ). PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products; and offers complete pet training, pet grooming, pet boarding, doggie day camp and pet adoption services. Since 1994, PetSmart Charities ®, Inc., an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit animal welfare organization, has funded more than $70 million in grants and programs benefiting animal welfare organizations and, through its in-store pet adoption programs, has helped save the lives of more than 3.5 million pets.