Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

I want to know is there an animal vet that will acept my medicade card for my dog she has a big lump on one of her right nipple

Posted by juan's wifey

My dog is a black chow-chow about 12 year's old and I just noticed a big ball like wher her right rear nipple is and can't afford vet expenses and am on S.S.I on a fixed income I live in spanish harlem East 116th and pleasant ave is there a vet that would help me with my medicade card???

Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first

No veterinarian would be able to accept your Medicaid card for treating your dog.  That card is just for you.

That being said, there are numerous agencies, non-profits, and organizations that will provide either free or low-cost care for pets whose owners cannot afford the care.  Since you sent this question on a computer, you should use that computer to check out this web site:

Further ideas would be to contact your local animal shelter/humane society for suggestions.  Go to, enter your ZIP code and find a list of animal shelters in your community.  Also try,, and

Good luck with your search.

Helpful Buckeye


NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: