Are you obsessed with who baby sits for your dog? And do you want to give the right instructions with the sitter covering just about all the aspects. We understand why you are frantic, and so will the dog sitters once they realize how special and important your furry friend is in your life. It is important to communicate certain key points with the sitter to make things clear, and it is also important to give them detailed instructions. Since nobody knows your dog better than you, it is your job to help out the sitter. If you have more than one dog, then having dog sitters to look after them, makes more sense.
Keep the following instructions in mind
1. Food and treats that your dog prefers and is used to on a regular basis. It is important to tell them where the supplies are kept too.
2. If the dog is housetrained, then let the sitter know exactly what are the duties that he or she needs to undertake.
3. You would have taught your dog certain commands and certain manners; you can tell your sitter what they are, and how you can make your dog understand certain things.
4. Walking the dog is an important part of the daily activities. If you follow a certain routine then let the sitter know what it is and how the entire procedure of leash walking is.
5. If you have any other specific reasons such as talking your dog to a dog park, or riding in the car or special treats every Sunday, etc, then make sure you don’t miss out a single detail with the dog sitter. It is good to give a good idea on the recommended schedule or routine that you want the dog sitter to follow.
6. If you want the sitter to teach your dog some specific tricks, then you can mention these to him too.
7. In dog sitting, it is crucial to give the sitter a good idea on where they can reach you any time of the day. In case, you dog is unwell and needs to be taken to a vet, then you should be contacted as soon as possible by the sitter.
If you want to add more instructions, feel free to do so.