Bar owners and patrons race to save pets from fire in nearby vet clinic
Posted Oct 01 2008 4:25pm
A Pennsylvania veterinary clinic found help from an unlikely source – the bar across the street. Firefighters had just left the Wright Veterinary Medical Center after responding to an ultrasound that had burned up. However, soon after the firefighters left, flames broke out. According to a The Morning Call article,
''The people at the Keystone Pub were just unbelievable,'' said Candace Keller, business manager at Wright Veterinary Medical Center in Bethlehem Township. ''Everyone was risking their life for the animals. The people from Keystone Pub were up here in seconds, and they opened up their facility to all the animals. We made it a makeshift hospital in seconds. It was pretty amazing.''
'We saw the vet techs and nurses running out,'' said Aaron Repasch, manager at the pub. ''Everyone, from customers to employees, just bolted in there.''
In all, the vet clinic had 22 animals in its care. The only "injury" occurred when a gecko's tail fell off from shock, which fortunately will regrow. The vet hospital hopes to be back in action tomorrow.