There have been numerous pet food recalls over the past week. This is a list of the recent recalls, including the 3 previously reported on PetsitUSA’s blog. You can find the link to the official FDA statements as well.
1. Hy-Vee Issued Voluntary Recall of Certain Dog Food Products – This is due to elevated levels of chemical containment commonly found in corn. The list of 6 types of bags can be found at the link.
2. The Honest Kitchen® Voluntarily Recalls Limited Lots Of Verve®, Zeal®And Thrive® Products Due To Possible Health Risk – 5 lots have been recalled due to a possible salmonella risk. The names of the Verve, Zeal and Thrive products can be found at the link. The president of The Honest Chicken has also released a statement .
3. Kaytee Recalls Bird Treats and Greens Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination from Parsley Flakes – Many products were recalled based on a salmonella risk. The list is found can be found at the link.
4. Nutri-Vet, LLC Recalls Nutri-Vet and Nutripet Chicken Jerky Products – These products are being recalled as a result of a salmonella risk. The list of products can be found at the link.
5. Kasel Associated Industries Recalls All Products Manufactured at its Denver, Colorado Facility from April 20, 2012 thru September 19, 2012 – This is also due to a salmonella risk. The list of products can be found at the link.