A Sparkling Diamond! Wendy Diamond Shows Us That “It’s a Dog’s World!”
Posted Jul 19 2010 9:16am
There are few that are as “in the know” in the dog world as the incredible Wendy Diamond . I have recently had the opportunity to get to know all about the amazing things she does for animals and have to say that I am now a HUGE fan! Adding to my adoration, Wendy is helping Houston’s furry friends by designing and donating a one-of-a-kind collar to SNAPshots’ Collars for a Cause event!
Her career started with two best selling cookbooks helping homeless people that led to her lifetime career in helping homeless animals. She is a long time supporter of local animal rescue and is currently on a book tour for her new book IT'S A DOG'S WORLD . The book celebrates Wendy Diamond and her decade in the Pet World helping the underdog! She is such a pop pet culture icon and coined Pet Lifestyle in 1999!
In IT’S A DOG’S WORLD, Diamond and her four-legged friend show “pet parents” how to get their dogs from shaggy to chic—from diet and exercise to fashion and must-have accessories—so everyone can have a happy, healthy, and fulfilling life together. In the book Diamond touches on
· Puppercize and Diet. Diamond and Lucky share a selection of dog exercises ranging from the traditional to the more modern (“doga,” anyone?) and tailored for each breed’s unique needs. They also give the lowdown on the chow that packs the biggest nutritional punch, the trick on organic treats, foods to avoid, and easy-to-make, healthy recipes such as Doggie Meatloaf.
· Puppy love Everyday: It’s paw-ty time! Diamond and Lucky offer their tips on how to have fun socially with other furry friends and their owners by hosting a Mutt Makeover® or Yappy Hour® (with signature puptails!) at your home.
· Travel tips with your pooch: Diamond discusses the nuts and bolts of traveling with your best friend with details on ideal dog carriers, the most accommodating airlines, hotel petiquette, and the best pet-friendly destinations in the US and abroad.
· Dog fashion on the catwalk: Diamond and Lucky show readers how to make it classy and comfortable, from fetching couture trends and snazzy doggie bags to casual dog-park wear.
· Dogs in Need: Diamond shares her experience with fundraising and how anyone can help other dogs in need through fostering, donating, or adopting.
IT’S A DOG’S WORLD is a fun and useful guide for anyone who thinks of Man’s Best Friend as a member of the family. We highly recommend that you pick up a copy today ! I know we are! Check out the following video to see more about the amazing Wendy Diamond! Also, make sure you follow her on Facebook to stay in the loop on all the great things she has going on!