10 Sure-Fire Tips To Making Creative Visualization Fun!
Posted Jun 15 2010 4:00am
There are several things that you can do to make your creative visualization sessions fun. You already know how important it is to use the power of pictures to assist in manifestations. However, if you have left your creative mind languishing for a long time, you may need a little help in getting started. A little imagination can go a long way in making visualizing exercises fun-filled….and far from boring.
(Teaching my daughter Creative Visualization; dream image from my personal scrapbook album.)
I have put together 10 sure-fire tips to help you have lots of fun in your creative visualization sessions:
1. Spark Off From A Single Idea. You do not need to have a very clear picture at first. Starting off with a single idea is fine. Just follow your heart and see where it leads you. Allow your imagination some freedom as you follow your heart. Do not over-think or analyze. Nor feel like you have to restrict yourself when visualizing the things you want.
If you wish to have a cottage in the mountains, picture yourself working in your pristine garden outside of your home. Like to lose weight? Picture how many heads you will turn when you sashay down the street with your new toned body. And if you are dreaming of going back to school, do not just picture a diploma – instead, visualize yourself in the graduation ceremony receiving an award for outstanding student.
2. Set Aside Time. Up till now, you have not set aside a small part of your day for visualizing and daydreaming. As a productive and valued citizen of modern society, you have previously viewed activities such as these a waste of time. After all, what direct benefits can you show for when you allocate time for creative visualizations?
This line of thinking is far from the truth. When you understand how thoughts become reality, you will realize how important it is to schedule time aside for visualization and visioning work.
In fact, giving your creative mind playtime is important. When you apply concepts that are aligned with the natural laws of attraction, you will find manifesting what you desire less of a struggle. Hence, far from being wasted, the minutes you allocate to doing creative visualizations can be highly effective.
Hence, become less in resistant in having to allocate time. Allow yourself the mental space to relax and play. Spending some time even as little as ten minutes each day can draw great benefits.
3. Relax into your session. Even though you may have allocated time, it is hard to have a good visualization exercise if you are feeling uptight. Start by making yourself comfortable. Once you start to go deeper into relaxation, you will be far more able to invoke the powers of your creative abilities. You are more likely to have fun in a relaxed rather than an uptight state.
4. Break Down Your Mental Image. From a single mental picture, give your imagery more sizzle by making your descriptions more vivid. Add more details. For instance, fill the picture of a beautiful garden paradise with smiling flowers, singing birds, a cascading waterfall and lush greenery. Enhance it further by visualizing fluttering fairies, talking squirrels , giant mushrooms, magical lanterns and sparkling stars that fly in the breeze.
5. Tell A Story. Instead of a single static picture, make it a moving story. Visualize yourself living your dreams. Here are some prompts: How are you being? What are you doing? What are you having? Allow your creative mind a canvas to have some fun!
6. Use Metaphors. Incorporate metaphors into your stories. Metaphors are a way of describing something by relating it to another similar thing, idea or concept. For instance, if you are envisioning transformation, a suitable metaphor is imagining a butterfly. If you are envisioning love and transformation, create a story with yourself as Cinderella. If you are envisioning magic, see yourself as Merlin in the land of Camelot. Adding metaphors is introducing fun!
7. Visualize in Different Ways. While says you have to visualize the same thing over and over again in a repetitive boring manner? When it comes to creative visualization, there’s only one rule: anything goes!
Now how can you visualize in different ways? Say you are working on visualizing the perfect job. Script One can have you picturing the ideal work environment you are in. Script Two can have you telling your friends about how much you love your job. Script Three can have you getting dressed to go to work and feeling excited about what is to come. Script Four can have you in tears of joy, receiving tons of awards and compliments from your fan club – oh yes, you have a worldwide fan base alright! And so on and so forth. Get the idea?
8. Feel. Feel. Feel. When you connect with your feelings, your mental pictures become alive. Do not just create imagery without aligning with your heart’s desires. When you are connected through your heart center, your mental screen lights up with color, vibrancy and possibility.
9. Acting What-If. You know that visualization draws its powers from your ability to picture the image of your dream goal, like a romantic partner or losing those stubborn pounds. Most certainly, you do not have to lock yourself in a room and meditate in order to give those images real power – instead, act out your goals!
Here are some examples. Dreaming of a lucrative investment portfolio? Go meet with a financial advisor. Need to lose weight? Photoshop a picture of yourself two sizes down wearing the dress you see at the window of your favorite shop. Want to buy a new Victorian home? Go to an open house and take pictures. It is a fun way to give your visualization time vivid and powerful imagery!
10. Share In A Group. Group energy can add not just fun but more power! Some classes take you on guided imagery sessions. You turn your creative visualization into social events. The advantage is getting connected with a group of like-minded folks who are more likely to encourage you in your dreams.
1. Do you have any tips that has worked for you in making creative visualizations fun exercise? Do share them!
2. My above tips came from my creative treasure chest. I am in the midst of compiling what I know – based on my personal experiences, working with various people and having studied a ton of materials ranging from Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) to spiritual healing – into programs and books. Do keep a lookout for coming announcements!