Even with the economic recession those of us in North America are extremely blessed. If you are reading this post than you likely have a home, food and clothing... and most of you have your own computer and your children have their own toys. That is a lot more than SO much of our world's population.
This Christmas why not consider giving a gift that will help those less fortunate than we are?
Through the World Vision Gift Catalog, you can make a donation to dozens of different projects around the world to help children and families in need. It’s much better than giving an impersonal gift card or a last-minute purchase like a sweater, and the donations can go a long way to promoting health and wellness in the developing world. These items make great gifts for moms, dads, grandparents AND children! The World Vision Gift Catalog is a wonderful opportunity to give great, inexpensive gifts that no one will want to exchange.
The World Vision gifts are a great value for people trying to pinch their pennies and please their loved ones. And they stretch a family’s “giving dollars” this year because, thanks to corporate product donations and government matching grants, many of the gifts will help provide much more than the $25 gift! A sampling of inexpensive gift items include:
- $16 will buy two soccer or basketballs for a child
- $17 will buy improved hybrid or drought-resistant seeds for a nourishing harvest and income
- $18 will buy enough bed nets to protect an entire family from malaria
- $25 will provide $350 worth of school supplies in the U.S.
- $25 buys two chickens to provide a lasting source of nutrition and income for a family