Welcome to the 39 Day Countdown to Book 10 in The 39 Clues Book Series! (Giveaway)
Posted Jul 30 2010 5:25am
In September 2008, Scholastic launched an amazing multi-media adventure series for kids called The 39 Clues. Since then, kids between the ages of 8-12 have been crazy about the books, collectible cards and online game ! Book 1: The Maze of Bones, written by Rick Riordan, debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. Book 2: One False Note did the same, and every book in The 39 Clues series since has appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists. Movie rights for The 39 Clues have been acquired by DreamWorks Studios with Steven Spielberg eyeing to direct.
Here’s a complete list of authors and publication dates for all 10 books in The 39 Clues series:
Book 1: The Maze of Bones (September 9, 2008) by Rick Riordan Book 2: One False Note (December 2, 2008) by Gordon Korman Book 3: The Sword Thief (March 3, 2009) by Peter Lerangis Book 4: Beyond the Grave (June 2, 2009) by Jude Watson Book 5: The Black Circle (August 11, 2009) by Patrick Carman Book 6: In Too Deep (November 3, 2009) by Jude Watson Book 7: The Viper’s Nest (February 2, 2010) by Peter Lerangis Book 8: The Emperor's Code (April 6, 2010) by Gordon Korman Book 9: Storm Warning (May 25, 2010) by Linda Sue Park Book 10: Into the Gauntlet (August 31, 2010) by Margaret Peterson Haddix
So, what exactly is The 39 Clues series all about? Here’s a description
The 39 Clues series centers around the Cahills -- the most powerful family the world has ever known. But the source of the family’s power has been lost. Grace Cahill, the last matriarch of the Cahills, changed her will minutes before she died, leaving her descendants an impossible decision: receive a million dollars or a clue. The first Cahill to assemble all 39 clues hidden around the world will discover what makes the family so powerful -- a reward beyond measure. It’s Cahill versus Cahill in a race to the finish, with readers hot on the heels of the main characters, fourteen-year-old Amy Cahill and her eleven-year-old brother, Dan. The series highlights famous historical figures kicking off with Benjamin Franklin in The Maze of Bones, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in One False Note, Toyotomi Hideyoshi in The Sword Thief, Howard Carter in Beyond the Grave, Anastasia Romanov in The Black Circle, and Amelia Earhart in In Too Deep.
I was thrilled when Scholastic selected this blog as its third stop in their 10-stop blog tour of the 39 Day Countdown to Book #10! I hope that you’ll keep following this tour for exclusive content about The 39 Clues series. The next stop will be at ManicMommies.com on Monday August 2nd, where the author of Book #4, Jude Watson, will be guest posting! You can also visit www.The39Clues.com to learn more about this ground-breaking series.
But meanwhile, here’s my exclusive treat for you! Since I’m Stop #3, this video is from Book #3 author, Peter Lerangis
[Email subscribers, please click on the title of this post to access the video online.]
And I have more exciting news… To celebrate the release of the final book in this amazing series on August 31st, Scholastic has generously offered the readers of this blog the opportunity to win the complete 39 Clues book series! And, as a bonus, book #3 will be autographed by author Peter Lerangis!
To enter, leave a comment on this post sharing who will be the lucky recipient of this prize if you win! You must do this to enter the contest.
You can earn optional, additional entries by - Following Susan Heim on Parenting ( @ParentingAuthor ) and Scholastic ( @Scholastic ) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet this giveaway twice a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the buttons at the bottom of this post. 1 entry per tweet.)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- NEW! Liking Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook . (1 entry)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each) One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Tuesday, August 31, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open only to US residents.
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this series as a thank-you for my participation in this blog tour. No other compensation was provided.