VivaPrime: Fighting Child Malnutrition (Plus, a Nutritional Supplements Giveaway!)
Posted Sep 23 2010 6:14pm
Can you imagine going blind from a vitamin deficiency? In the United States, that’s practically unheard of, but in other parts of the world, an estimated 190 million children suffer from vitamin A deficiency (VAD), and 350,000 go blind every year from the condition. Here are more sad statistics: One-third of child mortality is caused by under-nutrition. In addition, 450,000 children under five die each year due to zinc deficiency, and 136,000 deaths are caused by iron-deficiency anemia. Shocking, isn’t it?
VivaPrime , a global leader in providing nutritional supplements that promote holistic healthcare, has partnered with Vitamin Angels to prevent child malnutrition and provide essential nutrients to children in need worldwide. Vitamin Angels is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing vital nutrition in the form of supplements to developing countries, communities and individuals in the U.S. and around the world. VivaPrime donates 1% of all sales to Vitamin Angels and, through the Save a Life campaign, VivaPrime will donate $.25 to Vitamin Angels for each person who “Likes” the VivaPrime Facebook page . For just twenty-five cents, Vitamin Angels can help a single child with both vitamin A and antiparasitics for an entire year!
Watch this short video about this valuable program
[Email subscribers, please click on the title of this post to access the video online.]
Although Americans rarely suffer from the nutritional problems faced by those in other countries, we often fail to live a healthy and balanced lifestyle, putting our health at risk. With this in mind, I encourage you to look at VivaPrime’s product line. They provide 11 different formulas designed to address specific areas of your health, such as vision, cardiovascular health, skin, brain function, digestive health, and more. Please visit VivaPrime at the websites below to learn more about their holistic nutritional health products!
VivaPrime has generously offered one box each of their Ultiwoman (advanced daily nutrition for women) and Beauty (promotes youthful, radiant skin, hair & nails) formulations to one lucky winner! To enter, visit www.vivaprime.net and look around, and then return to this post and leave a comment about something you learned on the site. You must do this to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional additional entries by… (leave a separate comment for each)
- Following VivaPrime ( @VivaPrime ) and Susan Heim on Parenting ( @ParentingAuthor ) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet 3 times a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet.)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Liking Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook . (1 entry)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
- Receive 5 extra entries if you commented on this Birthday Page before 11:59 PM on September 6. Leave 5 comments saying, “Birthday Bash #1,” “Birthday Bash #2,” etc.
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, October 10, 2010, at 11:59 PM EST. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
DISCLOSURE: I received complimentary samples of VivaPrime products to facilitate this review. No other compensation was provided. I am not a health professional and this post should not be considered medical advice. Always consult with your physician before taking supplements.