Okay, this is a quick list of meals I have on hand..but I have downloaded more and will add the others later on... Like I said this is just a go to list when you can't think of what you want for dinner...
1. Lentil Rice Casserole, green beans, bread 3cups vegetable broth 3/4 cups lentils uncooked 1/2 cup brown rice uncooked 3/4 chopped onion 1/2 tsp. basil 1/4 tsp. oregano 1/4 tsp. thyme 1/4 tsp garlic powder Blend all together in a casserole dish. Bake covered for 1 1/2 hours at 300. During the last few minutes you can add shredded cheese on top.
2. Fried Rice, Chinese Beans, Salad with Ginger dressing Fried Rice, cook rice as normal, then add to a skillet and add scrambles eggs, onions salt, garlic powder and soy sauce all to taste ( you can also add cooked frozen veggies if desired)! Chinese beans from a can, and enjoy with a salad!
3. Zucchini and Veggie meat Casserole, Red Beans, Bread Couple boxes of veggie burgers (depends on how much meat you want) 1 1/2lbs of Zucchini, sliced and steamed 1 1/2 cup potatoes (cooked and cubed) 1/2 cup shredded cheese 1 tblsp onion minced 1/4 cup mushrooms 1 1/2 cup milk 1 cup bread crumbs Grease a casserole dish, layer burger, zucchini, potato and cheese, season, Melt some butter in a skillet add onions and mushrooms until tender, then add flour until smooth, add mild and stir until thickened. Pour sauce over layers, top white bread crumbs and bake at 350 for an hour!
4. Oven Fried Rice, Salad with Ginger Dressing or Miso Soup Oven Fried Rice 2 cups uncooked rice 3 1/2 cups water 1/2 cup cooking oil 1/2 cup soy sauce 1 can mushrooms (or not) 1 diced onion 1 diced green pepper 1pkg. onion soup mix Veggie Burgers crumbled to a small size Mix all together in a 9x13 pan, cover with foil, bake at 350 for 1 hour. I just use the powdered Miso soup on the oriental section (cheap and easy to make)
5. Butternut Squash Soup, Bread
1 large butternut squash (the longer the better) ;) 2 tablespoons olive oil Salt and pepper to taste 1 large yellow onion, chopped 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 13-ounce can light coconut milk 1/4 cup water Nutmeg for garnish
First, soften the squash so you can cut it: Find a pot large enough to hold the whole squash. Fill it with water and bring to a boil. When water is at a rolling boil, put the squash in and boil 3 to 5 minutes, until a knife easily slices the skin. Take squash out, and let it cool, and cut in half lengthwise. While squash is cooling, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Rub the squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Put the squash, cut side up, on a cookie sheet and place in oven for an hour. When the hour is almost up, put the remaining olive oil in a pan and turn heat to medium. Add the chopped onion to the pan, cooking the onion until it’s translucent and soft. Add the brown sugar and continue cooking for about three minutes. Turn off heat. When squash is finished cooking, scoop out the flesh with a spoon and put it in a blender. Add the onion-brown sugar mixture, coconut milk, and water. Blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle each bowl with a dusting of nutmeg.
6. Taco Salad, Cheese Quesadilla's Taco Salad, use chips, lettuce, refried beans (black refried beans are what we use), cheese, sour cream, salsa..just layer how you want. Cheese quesadilla, just flour tortillas and cheese, cook in oven till cheese is melted
7. Veggie Chicken Parmesan, Corn on Cob, Bread Quorn veggie chicken breast 1 egg 1/2 cup milk seasoned bread crumbs 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil slices mozzarella cheese, 1 jar spaghetti sauce Parmesan cheese Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture and then in bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set chicken in a baking dish. Slice pieces of mozzarella cheese and put two on each chicken breast. Pour 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more shredded mozzarella and bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
8. Breakfast for Dinner (pancakes, grits, eggs,home fries, etc.)
9. Veggie Turkey, Mash Tators, Pinto Beans, Bread I buy the Quorn veggie turkey, and bake according to directions. And I make a brown gravy to use as a side. I buy a bag of red potatoes and cut them up, boil to you stick a fork through a potato piece, drain and then mash them up and add butter and sometimes sour cream.
10. Baked Ziti, Corn on Cob, Salad, Garlic Bread Ziti noodles cooked Spaghetti sauce Shredded cheese Layer sauce, noodles, cheese and repeat, end with cheese on top. Bake on 400 till the cheese is all melted and the sauce is bubbling. We cook our corn on the cob wrapped in foil and on the grill (yum)
11. Chili Cheese Fries (Made with real potatoes) Bag of red potatoes or whatever potatoes you like Can of chili (or homemade which ever) Shredded Cheese Wash and cut potatoes to look like fries best you can put them on flat pan, rub oil on them (I use olive oil) and bake them till done Cook chili according to can, then place a large amount of cut fries on plate, cover with cheese and then cover them with chili..yum!
12. Poutine (yes Canadian) Normal size fries, not skinny or crinkle (enough to cover each person's plate) Shredded cheese (in Canada they use cheese curds) Brown Gravy Bake fries in over, cover a plate full of them, cover fries with shredded cheese (whatever amount), then pour gravy all over the fries!
13. Veggie Chicken Salad, Stuffed Baked Potato I just make a regular salad or buy the bag salad and either get the quorn chicken breast or the morning star farms chick patties and cook those and cut them up and add to salad! Bake potato like normal and when ready to eat, stuff with cheese, broccoli, chives, sour cream, butter, etc.
14. Veggie Beef Stroganoff, Pinto Beans, Bread I use the veggie beef strips, egg noodles and package brown gravy cook all according to packages and then just eat.
15. Mac and Cheese, Pork n Beans, Bread
16. Eggplant Parmesan, Corn, Garlic Bread Eggs 1 tablespoon water Eggplant, cut into 3/4 inch thick slices Dried bread crumbs, seasoned Shredded mozzarella cheese Spaghetti sauce Grated Parmesan cheese Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then in crumbs, being sure to coat thoroughly.Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add eggplant slices and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender.In a 9x13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.Bake on 350 for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
17. Veggie Burgers, Fries or Baked Potato We like to cook our veggie burgers out on the grill
18. Chili, Corn Bread Can or homemade chili and I just make my corn bread from a package
19. Sloppy Joes, Fries or Potato, Salad Veggie Burgers Large can of Manwich French Fries Put veggie burgers in microwave to defrost, then break them up small as you can and put burger pieces and manwich in skillet and cook till warm, put on bun and eat with fries.
20. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Tomato Soup
21. Tofu Veggie Stir Fry, Rice or Egg Noodles Tofu cubed and cooked in a skillet till browned Add frozen veggies and I use teriyaki sauce and just keep stirring till veggies are done. I cook those egg noodles to eat with this...so yummy!
23. Bean and Rice Burritos, Nachos We use black refried beans and cooked rice, along with sour cream, cheese, and whatever else you like. nachos, we use blue corn chips and just put tons of stuff on them bake until cheese melts and eat with salsa, sour cream and guacamole!
24. Boston Baked Beans, Mac and Cheese, Slaw, Cucumber in Vinegar, Bread
25. Veggie Meat Loaf, Mash Potatoes, Butter Beans, Bread I use veggie burgers to make this meat loaf, then as usual just add egg and whatever else you want in your meat loaf. I make my own potato's, see #9 for directions.
26. BBQ V. Chicken, Rice, Green Beans, Pintos, Bread I buy the Quorn veggie chicken breast and just bake with lots of bbq sauce, cook everything else like normal and enjoy
27. V. Beef Stew, Bread I use the veggie beef strips and whatever veggies we like and maybe some rice or egg noodles and cook in crock pot.
28. Stuffed Shells in Red Sauce, Salad, Bread I just buy the stuffed shells in the freezer section for this meal!
29. V. Ribs, Rice, Lentils, Bread You can get veggie ribs in the freezer section, cook rice and lentils as normal.
30. Veggie Pot Pie 2 pie crust Any veggies and meats you like Cook your veggies and meat, mix together and pour into 1 pie crust, then put the other pie crust on top, seal and flute and bake until crust is golden brown!
31. Falafel Balls, Hummus, all on Pita bread with Cucumbers, Lettuce, Tomatoes We just buy the boxed falafel mix and make it that way, we also buy our hummus but homemade I am sure is better!
32. Chinese Take Out!!!!
33. Pad Tai We just buy in the Asian section in boxes, two boxes serves a good amount for three or four! Look on package for all the ingerdents and directions!
34. Egg Noodles and Cut Hot Dogs with Veggies Cook egg noodles, drain and then add veggie cut up hot dogs and any sort of veggies, cook all together and eat!
35. Bake Bean Casserole Veggie burgers cooked and crumbled add baked beans from can to the meat then mix with ketup, mustard, and molasses to taste! Place in microwave till warm! Eet with either rice or mash potato's.
36. Pizza Hut $5.00 pizza's
37.Veggie Chicken Nuggets and Fries!
If you have some to add or you know how to make any of these any easier or cheaper! Make a comment and let me know! Later Tators!