Valentine’s Project for Kids: Make an I Love You! Poster
Posted Feb 09 2010 1:27pm
Thanks to Elmer’s Glue for this terrific idea for a Valentine’s Project for kids! Help your child design a colorful collage for a favorite person. It might be MomDada siblinggrandparentfriend or even a teacher!
Skill Level: Easy Time Needed: 45 minutes Age(s): 5 to 10
• Elmer’s Mini Foam Display Board™ • Elmer’s Washable School Glue™ • Construction Paper • Old Magazines • Aluminum Foil • Cardboard • Markers • Elmer’s 3D Washable Paint Pens™ • Scissors
1. Think about all of the things you love about your mom or dad. Write them down on a sheet of construction paper.
2. Cut out the words on the construction paper in different shapes.
3. Look through old magazines to find pictures of your mom or dad’s favorite things. Cut out the pictures.
4. Create a special medal for your mom or dad. Cut out a circle from a piece of cardboard or foam board. Wrap the circle in aluminum foil. Write a special messagesuch as “#1 Dad!” on the aluminum foil.
5. Arrange all of the items on a piece of foam board. Glue them down one by one. Let the glue dry completely.
6. Decorate the collage using Elmer’s 3D Washable Paint Pens™. Let the paint dry completely.
7. Give your collage to the special person it’s about!
• Have students write a top-ten list of the reasons why they love their mom or dad. Attach students’ lists to the back of their collages.
• Ask students to write acrostic poems using the words “MOTHER” or “FATHER.” The first word in each line of poetry should begin with the letters of the word. For example My favorite person Outstanding Terrific Huggable Extra special Really nice
• Have students write short stories about an important memory with their mother or father. Encourage students to use descriptive language in their writing to make their stories especially vivid.
DISCLOSURE: No compensation was provided to post this project. I just like sharing fun ideas!