Top 10 places I'd rather visit with my kids than the local ER this week...
Posted Mar 14 2010 12:00am
As I mentioned a couple posts ago I have some serious travel envy this week. I think it is a mixture of Spring break being this week and that everything outside is sort of that dirty brown colour... even the snow is dirty brown and that is just nasty. Plus my kids are sick and so the phrase "I'd rather be anywhere but here" comes to mind. If you don't know why I have an aversion to the local medical scene than you can read about that on this post I wrote a few days ago.
So here is the top 10 places I'd rather take my kids than to the doctor.
1. Disneyland . Or Disney World. I'd take either. Or go on a Disney Cruise. I went to Disneyland when I was 7 and I still remember how much fun it was! I think my boys would absolutely love it and I KNOW Olivia would go nuts over the Disney Princesses. And Disney Cruises just sound like paradise to me.
I have a friend who tried to take her family to Disney World a few months ago but a family crisis prevented them from actually going. They were so disappointed. They had trip cancellation and interruption insurance so financially it wasn't a big deal but she has totally had to listen to her 4 kids ask when they are going to Disney DAILY for the past few months. They are heading out this week though and I wish we were going with them.
2. One of those fabulous all-inclusive family-friendly resorts in somewhere warm and tropical. We have friends here who went to one with their 5 year old daughter last month and they showed me their pictures and it just looked like so much fun! My daydreams are filled with the tropics.
3. Saskatchewan, Canada . I realize this one sounds a bit odd but that just happens to be where my beautiful new nephew lives and I desperately want to meet him. Plus we used to live there and have very dear friends there and I know my kids would have a great time. Not so tropical though.
4. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada . The capital city of our find country. Ottawa is beautiful. It is also my husband's birthplace and where the grandparents and an aunt & uncle live. It also happens to be the location of the best children's museum we have ever been to and my kids regularly ask to return there.
5. Greece . I think I might belong in Greece. Specifically one of those lovely towns with all the white buildings on the side of a hill beside a perfect sea. I've never been there but oh how I would love to go. I have no proof Greece is fun for children but how could it not be?
6. Kelowna, British Columbia . My aunt & uncle and some of my cousins live there and I miss them and my kids love them. Plus it is already spring in BC.
7. White Rock, British Columbia. I was born there and my heart has never fully left. Plus there are beautiful flowering pink trees and flowers blooming there right now. I also have dear family and friends there. Olivia has never even seen BC and that is just sad. No one should be deprived of BC.
8. Australia . We have Australian friends and they showed me pictures of their homeland and I MUST spend time there as soon as possible. White sand beaches, the great barrier reef , and Kangaroos top my personal list of things to see. Plus they have great accents there.
9. Arizona . Some of my favourite people in the whole world currently live there and my mom gets to go there in a couple weeks. And I hear they have orange blossoms right now and I really need to see real live orange blossoms today. Plus the snowbirds seem to like it (did you know there is such a thing as snowbird insurance ? I had no idea). It just occurred to me that maybe not everyone knows what snowbirds are- they are retired folks who live half the year up here in the great white north of Canada and half the year in somewhere warm and sunny. Apparently lots go to Arizona.
10. Nepal . Just because I loved it there so much and would love to show my children the beauty that is that country.
So there you have it folks. Pretty good list eh? What about you- where would you like to take your family?