Mother’s Day usually produces an array of "items" that are either hastily constructed by your somewhat "artfully challenged" six year old, or an out of date George Michael CD that you already have, but don’t listen to, that was purchased because "you were singing that song in the car 6 months ago. I thought you liked it."
It also consists of doing a heap of stuff that you’d really much rather not do.
So here’s some tips for enjoying Mother’s Day this year …
1. Cut out pictures from catalogues of gifts you really want and stick them to all available surfaces around house, including the back of the toilet door.
2. Weeks before Mother’s Day, negotiate with the family that on Mother’s Day they will do all the dishes and washing. As soon as the negotiation is complete, stop doing dishes and washing, so that by Mother’s Day its a lovely pile and they get to do it all.
3. Drink plenty of water - this will ensure you don’t dehydrate with the amount of alcohol you will be consuming during the day.
4. Refuse go and visit your Mother or Mother-In-Law. This is your day, not theirs!!!
5. Take hubby’s credit card and go shopping (to get the gifts you really want)
(and you can always check out the Real Mum s’ Mother’s Day Gift Guide)
Written by Mad Cow and Kathie (Owner of www.sublimeaccessories.com ) over a nice MUG of coffee at 6am, whilst dreaming of the perfect Mother’s Day!