And here’s another fun idea that my kids got to try. With Dinosaur Train Hatchers, kids can watch the characters from Dinosaur Train hatch from eggs and grow 4x their size! Here’s what the process looks like
My kids loved trying out a Dinosaur Train Hatcher. Unfortunately, I dropped it on the floor when I took it out of the packaging, so the top of the egg broke off, just like a real egg! However, it’s actually good because it enables you to see how small the dinosaur was before we got started
After two days in the water, our dinosaur had definitely grown!
If you don’t break the egg like I did, you’ll be able to see the dinosaur actually crack his way out of the egg. Fun!
Here’s another fun Easter goody from Dinosaur Train: If you’ve got an iPhone, iPod or iPad, you’ll want to get the Dinosaur Train Eggspress application for just $2.99! This game challenges your child to find and match dinosaur eggs and then reunite dinosaur families while progressing through three different time periods. Your child will discover real flora and fauna from the Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous eras. Along the way, Buddy and the Conductor reveal mystery dinosaur hatchlings, fun dinosaur facts, and an adorable Dinosaur Baby Book. If your kids are dinosaur-crazy, the Dinosaur Train Eggspress application is a must-have.
The hit television series Dinosaur Train® airs daily on PBS KIDS® (check local listings).
Dinosaur Train on PBS: http://pbskids.org/dinosaurtrain/
The Jim Henson Company: www.henson.com
Cake Ideas: www.cakes.com
To celebrate the Easter holiday with Dinosaur Train, The Jim Henson Company is offering a Dinosaur Train Cake Decorating Set and Dinosaur Train Cupcake Rings from DecoPac to one lucky winner! To enter, leave a comment describing the best cake or cupcake you’ve ever made! You must do this to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional, additional entries when you... (leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow Henson Parents ( @hensonparents ) and Susan Heim on Parenting ( @ParentingAuthor ) on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You may tweet up to three times each day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet)
- Like The Jim Henson Company on Facebook . (1 entry)
- Like Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook and/or follow on Networked Blogs . (1 entry for each)
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Follow Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Place a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Post about this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Monday, April 25, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary Dinosaur Train Hatcher to facilitate my candid review. No financial or other compensation was provided.