Surf Sweets Offers Great Ways to Celebrate a Green Halloween!
Posted Oct 24 2009 10:00pm
Back in March, I reviewed delicious Surf Sweets products -- naturally sweetened gummy candies and jelly beans. My family loves them! For Halloween, Surf Sweets has teamed up with Green Halloween, a non-profit grassroots initiative that strives to create healthier and more Earth-friendly holidays. They’ve created a fun party guide that parents and kids can use to make their own Green Halloween celebration.
The Surf Sweets downloadable Green Halloween party guide provides great party planning tips, fun party activities, and three new Surf Sweets Halloween treat recipes that are so delicious they’ll make ghosts boast and ghouls drool.
Among the many great Green Halloween party tips offered are: - Plan for only enough food and drinks as you need to minimize waste -- make a list before you go shopping
- Make “treat & treasure” bags from recycled goods or old pillow cases
- Consider using decorative items from nature -- pumpkins, gourds, apples, hay, corn
- Compost all food scraps and natural décor items. Pizza boxes and other food- contaminated paper and cardboard items may also be composted or included in yard waste
- Recycle aluminum cans, water bottles, cups, paper goods, food containers and more
- Use healthier, non-toxic cleaning supplies, such as vinegar and water Surf Sweets’ three delicious new Halloween treats include Popcorn Candy Worm Cake, Mummy Gummys and Witch’s Cauldrons. Each recipe with a photo, and videos with step-by-step instructions for preparing each treat, is available on the Surf Sweets website at www.surfsweets.com/fun/php.
This year, I hope you have a happy Green Halloween!