Staying Healthy and Happy in the Outdoors This Summer with CVS and www.cvs.com
Posted Jun 03 2009 2:44pm
Whether you are enjoying a short afternoon hike as part of a staycation or an extended backcountry camping trip out of state, it’s important for families or individuals to have first aid and survival items on hand. A few choice additions to a backpack can make a real difference, preparing them for everything from bug bites and the sweltering sun to genuine emergencies. Need help deciding what to pack? A local CVS/pharmacy store and CVS.com can help you prepare for summer outings with survival kit products, interactive quizzes, and educational health info.
Below is a list of items you can grab at any CVS/pharmacy store, that should be included in any backpack survival kit:
* Bandages, band-aids and alcohol wipes to handle cuts and scrapes (you may even consider adding a wire splint and waterproof gauze, depending on where you’re traveling and for how long).
* Sun protection - whether you’re looking for a sunscreen that’s waterproof with a high SPF something for the kids or a cooling sunscreen that can be applied quickly, CVS/pharmacy has a line of continuous spray sunscreens that work great, smell nice and spray on evenly. Don’t forget to wear a hat to protect the face and neck.
* After-sun relief, in case you forget to re-apply your sunscreen or miss a spot behind your knees. Packing a bottle of CVS/pharmacy’s instant burn relief spray with lidocaine & aloe vera can make all the difference.
* Insect repellents and anti-itch remedies for bug bites and rashes. CVS/pharmacy has a variety of convenient, pocket-sized spray pens that relieve pain and itching associated with insect bites and minor rashes due to poison ivy, poison oak or poison sumac.
* And of course, always remember to bring along bottled water for battling dehydration
Bonus: Now through June 5, CVS.com is featuring a special Web-only promotion - so nearly all of these CVS/pharmacy brand summer essentials are 30-40% off when you purchase them online. CVS.com also has a whole host of health information and interactive educational quizzes, so families can figure out just how much they know about bug bites and common first-aid mistakes.
Stay happy and of course healthy all summer long!!!!!