Start Talking: Comprehensive Book Helps You Have “The Talk” with Your Daughter (Giveaway)
Posted Nov 09 2010 6:55am
We know that kids are often embarrassed to come to their parents to discuss issues like menstruation, sex, sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, body changes, and other sensitive issues. But parents can be just as embarrassed as the kids! Unfortunately, this means that important conversations on these topics often don’t take place. Now, there’s a book to help mothers and daughters talk about these issues. It’s called Start Talking : A Girl’s Guide for You and Your Mom About Health, Sex, or Whatever, by Mary Jo Rapini and Janine Sherman.
Start Talking is designed for moms and daughters to share. Sometimes, the authors address mothers; other times, they speak directly to girls. It goes into great detail on a wide variety of topics, from what happens at a girl’s first gynecological exam to the symptoms of bulimia and the dangers of date rape drugs. No stone is left unturned in this comprehensive guide. Moms will probably learn just as much as their daughters!
If you have a daughter, get prepared for “the talk” -- or, even better, a series of talks -- by picking up a copy of Start Talking. It is essential reading for all mothers and daughters. Visit www.StartTalkingBook.com to learn more.
Two lucky people will win a copy of Start Talking: A Girl’s Guide for You and Your Mom About Health, Sex, or Whatever. To enter, visit www.StartTalkingBook.com and then leave a comment on this post with something you learned on the site. This entry is mandatory.
You can earn optional, additional entries by - Following Susan Heim on Parenting ( @ParentingAuthor ) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet this giveaway up to three times a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet)
- Liking Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook . (1 entry)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
Two winners will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Tuesday, November 23, 2010, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
DISCLOSURE: I received two copies of this book for use in this giveaway. No compensation was provided. As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission on sales made through the Amazon links above.