Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

So! While today's ultrasound we ...

Posted May 07 2009 9:23pm
So! While today's ultrasound went quite well, I was sadly mistaken that it would be my last. Far from it, actually. I go back in 2 weeks, then depending on how that one goes, probably every week after that. Fuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Anyway, at 31 weeks and change, my girl is still a girl. In the words of the 20+ year veteran ultrasound tech, who I saw before the perinatologist, "If that's not a girl, I'll quit." He was funny. I love seeing this guy because he talks me all the way through the ultrasound, telling me what he's about to do, what he's looking for, what he sees, and what the doctor will have to take another look at. Which is quite unlike several of the u/s techs I've seen over the past few months who I have wondered silently to myself if they were somehow without speech.

Basically, the baby is measuring right on target. She is actually head down, engaged and right up against my cervix. Incidentally I could have told them about the whole right up against my cervix business. Kind of early for that but they tell me it's fine. Everything looks great, but I have a slight placental abnormality that may - or may not - affect her growth. All of her measurements - head, abdomen, legs - are 30 or 31 weeks and she weighs around 3 1/2 lbs already. However, overall size-wise, she is measuring somewhere in the 30th percentile whereas last month, she was measuring somewhere more in the 50th percentile. Because growth is related to this "funny placenta thing" I have going on, I just have to keep going back for ultrasounds to make sure she stays on track. For such a gross little organ (is it an organ?), I guess a placenta is something with which you do not f around.

Despite this "funny placenta thing" (I am irritated every time the doctor uses this phrase) the new kid is on track to weigh around 8lbs at delivery. Which is what Charlotte weighed. Which was too big to make a proper exit without forceps assistance. Which, for god sake.

I will state for the record right now that this labor and delivery BETTER NOT BE LIKE LAST TIME. Because the last time? Sucked. SUCKED. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I guess all I can do is just wait and see. So, we'll see.

The ultrasound also ran miserably long and late. There was a woman who needed an emergency procedure before I saw the high risk doctor, so I got bumped back almost an hour. Mr. P came with me - so he was able to see the baby while the tech did his scan, but he had to leave before the doctor came in because he had a client call. Also, my mother was babysitting Charlotte and she had a meeting she had to get to at work. Of course we had only taken one car since his is in the shop.

/Rant Yes Mr. P's car is in the shop. Again. AGAIN. I don't want to post about it. Well, I do. But if I did, the post would look a little something like this: F?!*#)*$!)&#^@%!%^#$&#(*&$@#??!>> <!@ <@?##@()$*#)$*#@)$*! F!>@#)(! F@*(#&@(#!~~!$%%$!
/End Rant.

I told Mr. P to just go, get my car from the hospital valet, and I'd see him at home. He left, and how did I get home?

I asked the nice ladies at the information desk to call me a cab. I grabbed a coffee from the Dunks in the lobby while I waited for the cab and by the time I had my coffee, the cab was there. As I climbed into the backseat and gave the driver my address, the driver shouted "WHOA! Won't be long now, huh honey? WOW!"

Wow indeed. I am, in fact, the size of a house. But anyway, alls well that ends well, eight bucks later I was home. And that's the end of my story. I'm about to eat popsicle #4 on the day and head to bed. More tomorrow!

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches