When we went to Sedona the other weekend, I was assigned the task of creating the menu for the weekend and cooking. I actually didn’t mind at all! I really do love to cook and creating a menu as cheap as possible is a task that was somewhat simple for me.
Jason and I eat off of $50 a week. Not joking. Less if I can manage it.
So I had planned these Kraft Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Sandwiches to have for Saturday night. It was perfect because we had planned to be in Flagstaff for most of the day. Not only that, but I didn’t want to be in the kitchen all evening once we returned. So I threw all of these ingredients into the slow cooker before we left and once we were home, it was pretty much ready!
I think it was a hit! We served it with pasta salad and corn on the cob that we roasted in the oven. Try out this recipe, especially if you are pinched for time. Just throw it all into the pot, set it on low and come back to it at dinner time.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (2 lb)
- 3 onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup Kraft original BBQ sauce
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 8 Kraft Singles
1. Place the meat into slow cooker. Top with onions and BBQ sauce. Cover with lid.
2. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours (or on HIGH for 4-5 hours)
3. Remove meat from slow cooker; cut off and discard excess fat. Chop meat into small pieces or shred with a fork.
4. Return to slow cooker; stir to coat with sauce.
5. Fill rolls with meat mixture and cheese just before serving.