I was on leave yesterday to attend a job interview. This was my 2nd interview already.
I was contacted by JobsDB, requesting to release my CV, a week after the news of possibly losing my job. Actually I haven’t started my job hunting, given my pregnancy now. I was planning to only do this in Feb/Mar, so the timing would fit in better, to start work after maternity leave. Just like the normal notice period that a company would be willing to wait.
But for this job that I was interviewed, it seems to be very positive. I was interviewed by their GM and a consultant who flew all the way in from Singapore (just for this interview).
Anyway, I really don’t think they would make sense to hire me now, unless it is not urgent to fill up the position.
Let’s see, I believe the earliest they can make an offer and I can accept it, would be end this month. Then, in normal circumstances, I would need to serve 3 months notice. By then, if the company were lucky (that my baby does not pop out earlier), I would start working on 2 May, for probably 3-4 weeks. But if baby doesn’t want to wait, I might only work for a few days only, before going to deliver and enjoy my 2-3 months maternity leave.
It is as good as getting me in Aug/Sep.
I really don’t think it makes any sense for them to hire me now - as if just want to pay me salary during my maternity leave before I can start contributing!
But then, they already know my pregnancy and the detail in the 1st interview, and they still called for a 2nd interview. It also seems to me that I am the only candidate… I really don’t know what they have in mind. Maybe they are at the same time widening their search for other candidates, which I don’t know, of course…
URGGGHHH! I just hope the time passes quickly, and let me know the result of the restructuring selection. As much as possible, I would like to keep my current job!