As winter is drawing in we opt for more and more comfort food. This bake is quick a quick and easy meal to cook and appealing to all of the family. The classic tuna noodle bake is the perfect food to fill this criteria. The recipie can be made as a nice informal sofa dinner, or even make for a nice dinner party, as it is filling and lasts a long way around the table. The recipe can be adapted, with baby sweetcorn, or even celery. A lovely dinner for all occasions this winter. Perfect to make with the children too, as the recipe teaches to children to adapt and learn new skills with food.
1 Pack of tagliatelle (or egg noodles will do)
2 tablespoons of butter
3 slices of bread, made into breadcrumbs
Can of condensed mushroom soup
½ pint of milk
Any coloured sweet peppers – deseeded and chopped
4oz of cheddar cheese- roughly grated
2 sprigs of parsley- chopped
2 cans or tuna- drained
* Preheat the oven to 2008C/ Gas Mark6
* Cook the taglietelle as packaging says, but for 2 minutes LESS than instructed
* While that is cookeing, melt the butter and stir in the breadcrumbs. Remove from the heat.
* Drain the pasta and keep to one side. Pour the condensed soup into a pan .Add the milk,
celery, peppers, half cheese and all the parsely. Add the tuna and gently mix all together.
* Season if preferred. Keep over a low heat to get hot. Do not allow to boil.
* Stir in the pasta and mix well. Pour the mix into an oven proof dish and level out.
* Put the breadcrumb and butter mix evenly over the top of the dish to make a crunchy
topping when cooked. sprinkle on the remaining cheese
* Bake uncovered in the oven for 20 mins until golden.
* Serve straight from the dish!
Recipe produced by Hazel Newhouse and sponsored by Oakhouse foods, fresh groceries and easy meals to cook delivered straight to your door.