Few reasons you should not let your child use a dummy pacifier.
First of all, using pacifier is likely to have uneven teeth as a result of the pressure of pacifier on young children’s gum.
Secondly, it is not good looking to suck on a pacifier, sometimes till a very old age (addicted easily).
It is also very troublesome when you have to travel - imagine what if you forget to bring it and the child is addicted.
And lastly, it posts a choking hazard. It is very sad today, to learn that a 14-month old baby chocked to death in his own pacifier. He accidentally swallowed it, suffered 90min before dying. This really made my day gloomy. Poor baby, poor parents, poor babysitter… Read more here.