Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

Neurologist Appointment

Posted Jan 15 2009 11:46pm

Went to see Violet's Neurologist today. Showed him video I had taken of Violet from her most recent seizure.

After a lengthy discussion on how we feel about putting her on daily medication, he has decided to wait for her next seizure and then he would like to start her on a twice daily seizure medication. The one he has in mind at this stage is Tegretol.

Even though Violet has already been prescribed Midazolam and we have been shown how to administer it if her seizures are prolonged the side affects one of which is breathing problems...worry us so much that we didn't want to use it for her recent seizure (which was prolonged). So he is organising for Violet to go to hospital to trial the medication under supervision and then we can at least know how she may be affected by it. He will be letting us know shortly what the date of the trial will be.

He will then review her in 6 months unless any other problems arise.

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches