If you have school age children you already know that October 4-10 is National Fire Prevention Week.
Now is a good time to discuss what your child may have learned this week about fire, whether they are school age or not. Do you have a fire safety plan? Are your smoke alarms in good working order?
The following tips are from the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
Kid-Friendly Fire Safety
1. Never play with matches, candles, or lighters. Tell an adult immediately if you see these items lying out in a room.
2. Never cook alone.
3. Never stick anything into an electrical socket.
4. Never hang clothing or other items on a lamp, heater, or radiator.
5. Always tell an adult if you see smoke or fire in your house.
6. If you see fire, get out of the house quickly. Once you are outside, call 9-1-1 immediately.
7. Practice a fire escape plan with your parents several times per year.
8. When escaping fire, stay low to the ground.
9. There should be a smoke alarm on each level of your house. Can you find the smoke alarms in your home?
10. Remind your parents to check smoke alarms each month to make sure it is free of dust and that the battery is working.
*WIN!!* One Seeryus Mama reader will win a Mighty World Fire Brigade Set from International Playthings. (Features 3 firemen, contains 30 accessories including ladder, road blocks, rescue bed, fire hydrant, hoses, tools and much more at a $22.95 value.) To enter,watch the above posted video. Then leave a comment about it here at Seeryus Mama. Don’t forget to leave your email address! This giveaway will close on October 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM CST.
Extra entries available…(after mandatory first entry, please leave separate comments for each completed)
Follow me on Twitter – 1 entry
Follow Seeryus Mama via Google Friend Connect -1 entry
Add my NEW button to your blog – 2 entries
Add Seeryus Mama to your blogroll – 2 entries
Blog about this giveaway linking back to this post- 2 entries