Awards and tags....yeah! I feel like a broken record but receiving awards always makes my day!!
Tami, at Diary of a Mad Woman, made the Blogger Buddy Award....look how beautiful it is!! Thank you Tami for including me!
The rule of this award is that it MUST be passed on to someone else. So I'd like to send this award over to Kim, at The Mommy Machine. Not only does she take awesome pictures of her beautiful surroundings in Alaska, but she is now back from a blogging hiatus and she has been missed. So go over to her blog and show her some "welcome back" love.
I received the following award from Lana at The Kids Did WHAT?! Thank you, Lana!! Definitely go check her blog out, especially on Mondays when she participates in "Not Me Monday". Her stick drawings totally rock!
I was given this award by Confessions of a Moody Mommy. I love this lady...she says it like it is and that's definitely something I admire! The rules for this award are:
-- List 7 things that make you Awe-Summ and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers you love.-- Make sure to tag your recipients and let them know they have won!-- Also link back to the Queen that tagged you.
So here are 7 things that make me Awe-Summ:
1) I gave birth to 4 beautiful kids in 2 short years. I think my uterus is pretty darn awesome.
2) I have a great sense of humor. I can almost always find something funny in even the weirdest situations.
3) I have no problem with being silly with my kids, even if it means throwing myself down a slip-n-slide or dancing around the family room singing songs at the top of my lungs just to entertain them.
4) I genuinely care about others. If a friend or a family member is hurting, I hurt right along with them. If they're happy, my heart sings for them.
5) I'm a round-the-clock type of person, meaning I can be a night owl if necessary, I can be a morning person when the time calls for it and I can wake up in the middle of the night and function semi-well. I have a "ready to roll" attitude 24/7....kids'll do that to you.
6) Hmmmm, okay, I'm really struggling now coming up with another one. Let me see....I'm starting to actually enjoy cooking for my family (now that I seem to know my way around the kitchen, thanks to some wonderful foodie bloggers out there...you know who you are). I feel such a sense of pride when I fix a meal that my family truly enjoys.
7) I left this one up to my kids....Cole says what makes me awesome is that I always take good care of him, Bella says my boobs make me awesome (um, thank you....I think), Garrett says Buzz Lightyear makes me awesome and Landon says Daddy makes me awesome (I have my doubts about that one....).
And now the 7 bloggers I want to pass this award onto are:
8 Things I Look Forward To: 1) Cole and Bella's first T-ball game on Saturday 2) Mother's Day 3) Using our tax return money to replace our carpet with wood flooring 4) Our week-long vacation this summer 5) Eating oreos all by myself while the kids are asleep 6) Treating myself to a pedicure (hopefully this weekend sometime) 7) A nice, healthy veggie garden 8) The little twins being completely potty-trained and not having to fork out $175/month on diapers anymore
8 Things I Did Yesterday: 1) Woke up before the sun and took a quick shower 2) Got the kiddos up at 7:00 am, got them dressed and gave them breakfast 3) Dropped Cole and Bella off at preschool and came home with the little twins 4) Met with Garrett and Landon's IE specialist 5) Picked Cole and Bella up from preschool 6) Made them all lunch and put the little twins down for a nap 7) Played Candyland with Cole and Bella 8) Took them all to the park when the little twins woke up, came home and made dinner, did the whole bedtime routine and then zoned out in front of the tv until bedtime. And I can't wait to do it all over again today....
8 Things I Wish I Could Do: 1) Go on a month-long vacation to Paris all by myself 2) Sell our home 3) Buy a bigger, single-story home 4) Help out my friends more than I do 5) Read minds 6) See the future 7) Bake 8) Be more talented and creative in doing crafts with my kids
8 Shows I Watch on TV: 1) Grey's Anatomy 2) Desperate Housewives 3) American Idol 4) Law and Order 5) Without a Trace 6) Criminal Minds 7) Table for Twelve 8) Oprah