Great Gift Idea: Talkin’ Sid the Science Kid! (Coupon + Giveaway)
Posted Dec 11 2009 9:16am
I’ve written before about the great new children’s series, Sid the Science Kid, brought to you by The Jim Henson Company and PBS. This is a terrific show that teaches kids about science-related concepts like the weather and nature, but through the eyes of five-year-old Sid and his classmates. If your child is a “Sid Kid” (i.e., a fan of Sid the Science Kid), I encourage you to check out the new Sid plush toy!
Talkin’ Sid the Science Kid is a soft plush character, 12 inches tall, and he says seven of his favorite phrases when you squeeze his belly! He quotes lines like:
“Now that’s funny!” “I’ve got a lot of questions and big ideas! I’m Sid the Science Kid!” (song) “I just gotta know.” “Scientist in the house!”
He also comes with a DVD of “The Sticker Chart” episode of his show! We received Talkin’ Sid the Science Kid to try for ourselves, and I can tell you that he is adorable. He looks and sounds just like Sid on the TV show, and he’s soft and cuddly! This would be a wonderful gift for your little Sid the Science Kid fan.
Talkin’ Sid the Science Kid retails at Toys “R” Us for $24.99, but you can get $3.00 off by going to www.coupons.com and clicking on “Toys and Games.” Scroll through the coupons until you see a picture of Sid and the word “Hasbro” at top. Print your coupon to save $3.00! Giveaway
The producers of the Sid the Science Kid series, The Jim Henson Company and KCET (PBS/Los Angeles), have generously offered to send a Talkin’ Sid the Science Kid plush character to one lucky U.S. reader of this blog! For your first required entry, please leave a comment on this post with the name of your favorite Sid character! (Hint: You can see some of them HERE.)
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment.
- Following me on Twitter (@ParentingAuthor) and tweeting about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the URL of your tweet. You may tweet twice a day. Please leave a separate comment for each tweet. (It’s easy to retweet by using the Bookmark button at the bottom of this post.)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL.
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
- Listing Susan Heim on Parenting as one of your Favorites on Technorati. (See “Add this Blog to My Technorati Favorites” banner on the left sidebar.) Leave a comment with your Technorati user name.
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method.
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Saturday, December 19, 2009, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. U.S. addresses only.
DISCLOSURE: I received a Talkin’ Sid the Science Kid plush character to facilitate this review. No other compensation was provided.