This weekend, our families spent an amazing weekend at a blogger event at Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, Ohio. I thought it was going to be fun. Everything our families do together is fun – add in a water park? Good times.
I was not prepared to be blown away by the resort itself.
Here’s a little secret about me – I am a hotel snob. I’ve spent years perfecting my skills on Priceline, making sure my family stays in top-notch hotels for affordable prices. And I compare everything to Disney.
Let me reiterate – I was blown away by this place.
Jenny’s going to delve deeper into the accommodations later in the week (which will include another overnight giveaway!), but I’m here to tell you about the heart of Kalahari – the water park! Check this out:
Kalahari Resort is America’s LARGEST indoor waterpark. It’s huge! Here’s a pic Jenny took while we were there:
Kate and I particularly loved the Zip Coaster – 500 feet of freefalls, dips and turns. All of our kids loved the 12,000 square foot wave pool – I think we all spent more time in there than on anything else! Jenny left Jonah with her parents for the weekend, but we did check out the Kids Safari, which would have been the perfect place for him to hang out all weekend.
Kate and Bobby were the only daredevils in our group who had the nerve to try out the FlowRider – a five-foot ocean-like wave that shoots out 50,000 gallons of water each minute. It looked so fun!
After such a daring feat, Kate needed to rejuvenate, so she took a minute to hang out in the cabana.
To me, the cabana was one of the best parts of the water park – it gave us our own little “home base” where we could all meet, eat, and relax. Comfortable chairs and a television made it the perfect place for downtime or a nap – for the kids or grown ups! Jenny and I chilled in there while we hosted a Kalahari Twitter party that afternoon. Did I mention there’s free wifi throughout the entire resort?
Needless to say, the kids all had a blast.
But this? Might have been my favorite moment.
The best Santa I’ve ever seen was there to greet the kids in the evening. Sam is positive that he was the real one.
Want to experience this for yourself? We’re giving away a one-night stay!
Here’s the small print
The voucher will include
- A one-night stay in a Hut or Desert Style room
- Complimentary Safari Outdoor Adventure Park Passes
- NOT VALID: Friday and Saturdays. Blackout dates include November 21-22, 2012, December 21-January 5, 2013, January 20, 2013, February 17, 2013, March 17-31, 2013, April 1-4, 2013, May 26, 2013, June 23 – August 18, 2013, September 1, 2013, and October 13, 2013. Please call (877) 525-2427 for availability. No cash value, expires 2 years from date of issue.
Here’s how to enter
1) Leave a comment on this post.
2) Like Kalahari Resorts on Facebook and leave a separate comment here saying you did so.
3) Like Mommin’ It Up on Facebook and leave a separate comment here saying you did so.
One winner will be chosen at random on Tuesday, December 11th at 6pm EST.
Even if you don’t win – we’ve got a special deal just for our readers. Click here to learn more!