I used H&R Block for the first time last year, and I was really impressed with how easy it was to do our taxes. The $12.83 Jenny and I make on this blog each year (I’m barely exaggerating here, people) makes our taxes freaking complicated, and H&R Block showed me ways to simplify it – and, even better, helped us find deductions we weren’t aware of before, which saved us money. Always a plus!
I’m excited to use it again this year, too, because H&R Block has expanded the features of its iPad, Android and iPhone apps to include the ability to
– File any federal individual income tax return on-the-go in English or Spanish via iPhone or Android for free through March.
– Toggle between devices – begin a return on an iPad and complete the return via PC, or vice versa.
– Have your taxes prepared by an H&R Block tax professional in real time conveniently via video conference or chat using Block Live for iPad.
The H&R Block At Home suite of products have also been upgraded to include
– Real-time tax advice: H&R Block now provides real-time chat with a registered tax professional.
– DeductionPro: The popular tool for calculating the value of certain charitable deductions is now integrated into H&R Block At Home Deluxe and Premium.
– Time-saving interview completion: As a time-saving mechanism for returning clients with a simple tax situation, H&R Block offers a condensed interview based on information from a prior year return.
Want to check it out for yourself? Leave a comment on this post, and we’ll pick four winners on March 31. Good luck!