Fool Your Kids on April Fools’ Day with a Fakin’ and Eggs Breakfast!
Posted Mar 29 2010 1:58pm
I love this idea from Disney FamilyFun for tricking your kids on April Fools' Day. It’s a breakfast that's really a cleverly disguised dessert! For more April Fools’ Day tomfoolery, visit http://familyfun.go.com/april-fools-day/ .
Fakin’ and Eggs
FOR THE EGGS:
• 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips • 12 yellow M&Ms
FOR THE FAKIN':
• 1 square caramel • 1 Tootsie Roll Midgee
1. For the eggs: Melt the white chocolate chips according to the package directions. Transfer the melted chocolate to a ziplock bag and snip off a corner.
2. Squeeze nickel-size portions of the chocolate onto a sheet of waxed paper, then gently press a yellow M&M, letter side down, into the center of each. Let the candies cool. Makes 12 eggs.
3. For the fakin': Remove the wrapping from a square caramel and a Tootsie Roll Midgee. Microwave the candies for 4 seconds to make them soft. Use your thumb and forefinger to slightly flatten each candy piece, then press them together.
4. Halve the candy, then stack and press the pieces into alternating layers.
5. Slice a 1/4-inch-wide piece from the stack. Pinch and stretch the piece lengthwise into a flat bacon strip, then cut it in half. Add ripples to each half by gently bending the edges. Makes 3 strips (6 pieces).
DISCLOSURE: No compensation or products were provided for this post.