2. Before washing stained garments, pretreat or prewash the spot using the Affinity’s Rinse & Spin cycle. If at first you don’t succeed, wash, wash again.
3. To keep snags and lint to a minimum, zip zippers, button buttons, empty pockets, and brush away lint before tossing duds in the hamper.
4. Check wet garments for remaining stains, and re-treat as needed before drying. Heat will set stains.
5. Dry only full loads. Tumbling a handful of garments prolongs the drying time by reducing the tumbling.
5 Summer Stain Tips for Frigidaire by Tara Aronson
Smudges, drips, drops and smears -- no matter what their source, the key to keeping them from ruining your favorite shorts or T-shirt is to take quick action -- before it gets a chance to dry. For most fabrics, this means blotting up the excess or rinsing the discolored area with cold water (hot can set a stain.) Don’t rub: this spreads the spot and grinds it deeper into the fabric. Summer spills are especially tough. Here’s how to remove the five most common
Scrape off as much of the colorful surface as possible using a plastic picnic knife. Apply laundry detergent directly on the stained area. Gently rub the detergent into the fabric then let sit several minutes. Launder using the hottest water the fabric can handle -- or the Sanitize setting of your Frigidaire Affinity washer. Dry as usual.
2. Iced coffee.
Sponge the stained area with cold water. Apply a pretreater to the blight. Wash as usual and air dry.
Prewash the garment in warm water in your washing machine -- the Rinse & Spin cycle on your Affinity washer -- and a laundry detergent containing enzymes. Launder as usual (normal setting) with detergent and chlorine bleach if safe for the fabric. If the garment’s care label instructions advise against it, use oxygen (color safe) bleach instead. Dry as usual.
Soak for a minute or so in cold water. Remove excess water, and then apply a pretreater directly on the stained area. Wash with detergent as usual. Air dry. Do not place in the dryer until the blight is completely gone -- otherwise the stain is likely to set.
5. Chocolate (or chocolate ice cream).
Prewash the garment in warm water with a laundry detergent that contains enzymes using the Affinity’s Rinse & spin setting. Launder as usual, using the washing machine’s Normal setting. Dry as usual.
Visit the Frigidaire website to learn more about the new Affinity® washer and dryer featuring Ready Steam. And don’t forget to enter for the chance to win a set on Fridgidaire’s Facebook page !
DISCLAIMER: I am a member of One2One Network. As a thank-you for posting, I will be entered into a drawing for a gift card. All opinions are my own.