Enjoy Out-of-This-World Adventures with The Zula Patrol (Giveaway -- 10 Winners!)
Posted Sep 08 2009 10:06pm
My family was recently given the opportunity to review DVDs of the animated children’s TV show, The Zula Patrol. We had never seen the show before, but when we learned that it had a science-and-astronomy theme, we were really excited. My boys always have a million questions, such as: Why can we see the sun and the moon at the same time? and, How does a rainbow get made? And so on. So, any show that entertains while trying to explain the many “mysteries of life” is right up their alley!
The Zula Patrol features a cast of odd-looking alien characters with even weirder names like Captain Bula, Professor Multo, Zeeter, Gorga and twins Wizzy and Wigg. Here are synopses of the two DVDs we reviewed:
The Zula Patrol: Moons Mayhem
This DVD is all about moons! Episodes include: Moon Struck, Blue Moon, Going Through a Phase, Moons Mayhem, Three Ring Gorga and Me, Myself and Io. Find out if there really is a man in the moon! And watch as Bula turns into a Were-Mouse, Dark Truder tries to steal all the moons in the universe, and Venus spins out of control!
The Zula Patrol: Animal Adventures in Space
This DVD turned out to be my kids’ favorite because they love animals and have raised caterpillars into butterflies. In the first episode on this DVD, Larvae or Leave Me, Wriggly the caterpillar appears to be missing until they discover she’s been transformed into a beautiful butterfly! Other episodes deal with tadpoles turning into eggs, bees and honey, worms and dirt, and more.
The Zula Patrol is shown on NBC’s qubo on Saturday mornings, as well as on many public television stations throughout the week and weekend. So, check your local listings to find out when The Zula Patrol is shown in your area.
Another cool thing about The Zula Patrol is their interactive website, ZulaWorld.com. On this site, kids can build their own Spaceship and Alien. They customize them by earning points as they play games, either by themselves or with friends. Players collect rewards as they accomplish tasks exploring science, math, and astronomy topics, and use their rewards to unlock new levels, decorate their spaceship, and earn badges for their Alien. Kids can play games for free or upgrade to a Premium Membership for $5.99 per month, $29.99 for six months, or $49.99 for one year. GIVEAWAY:
I have a terrific Zula Patrol giveaway to offer to TEN lucky winners! The first randomly selected winner will receive:
1. The Zula Patrol: Moons Mayhem DVD 2. The Zula Patrol: Animal Adventures in Space! DVD 3. A voucher for a ZulaWorld VIP membership that’s good for a whole month!
Nine additional winners will receive a voucher for a month’s worth of ZulaWorld VIP membership. This is a great way to introduce your child to a kid-friendly website that USA Today called “a great addition to the kid virtual world market.”
Here’s how to enter:
Leave a comment on this post with the name of your favorite space-related TV show or movie. You must do this first to enter the giveaway.
- Following ZulaWorld and me on Twitter ( @ZulaWorld and @ParentingAuthor ) and tweeting about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the URL of your tweet. You may tweet once a day. Please leave a separate comment for each tweet.
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog. (The code is in the upper right-hand column of this site.) Post a comment with your blog’s URL.
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post.
- Listing Susan Heim on Parenting as one of your Favorites on Technorati. (See “Add this Blog to My Technorati Favorites” banner on the left sidebar.) Leave a comment with your Technorati user name.
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS, as a Follower on Blogger, or on your Kindle (see sign-up options on sidebars). Leave a comment for each subscription method.
- Entering the GE Appliance giveaway. Click on the picture of the stove near the top of the left sidebar. Leave a comment on this contest page each time you enter. You can enter daily!
The winners will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Friday, September 25, 2009, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn.