Encourage Your Child to Sleep Better with a RealSleep CD (Giveaway)
Posted Dec 14 2009 6:15am
I recently had the chance to try an innovative product called RealSleep. It’s a CD of music that’s designed to help your child (and adults) sleep better. Here’s how it works according to the makers of RealSleep:
RealSleep, created by a neuroscientist and an award-winning musician, embeds in music three types of audible and nearly inaudible sounds that work directly on the brain’s arousal centers, allowing your child to fully relax their mind as well as their body and to go to sleep quickly. The reality is that some children (and adults, too) have difficulty quieting the arousal centers of the brain, which can make them prone to hours of wakefulness, poor quality sleep, and continuing exhaustion.
Fortunately, new research into how the brain works has produced a new approach to helping children sleep that effectively reproduces the same relaxing results as rocking an infant to sleep. This will allow your child to fully relax their mind as well as their body and help them to go to sleep quickly. And because they’re going to sleep naturally, as their bodies were designed to do, they’ll sleep more deeply and stay asleep longer, getting better, more effective sleep.
In clinical trials, RealSleep has been shown to work effectively in 77% of subjects between ages 1 and 65 (including some with sleep apnea).
I was fortunate to be provided with a review copy of RealSleep and am very pleased with it. One of my twins has a hard time settling down to sleep, so I wanted to try RealSleep with him. On the first night, I saw no effect because I couldn’t get him to stay in bed long enough to listen to the music! Yes, they do need to listen to it for it to work. Fortunately, on the second night, I was able to get (bribe) him to stay in bed and listen to the music. I was surprised at how quickly he fell asleep! He has also asked me to play the CD for him on several occasions. The music does seem to help him relax and fall asleep.
You can learn more about RealSleep and purchase a copy of this CD at www.realsleep.net. There’s even a money back guarantee if you return the original product and receipt within 30 days. The music is soothing and beautiful, and worth a try if your child is experiencing trouble sleeping.
I’ve also been authorized to give away one copy of the RealSleep CD! To enter to win, leave a comment on this post explaining why you want to try RealSleep.
As usual, you can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment.
- Following me on Twitter (@ParentingAuthor) and tweeting about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the URL of your tweet. You may tweet twice a day. Please leave a separate comment for each tweet. (It’s easy to retweet by using the Bookmark button at the bottom of this post.)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL.
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
- Listing Susan Heim on Parenting as one of your Favorites on Technorati. (See “Add this Blog to My Technorati Favorites” banner on the left sidebar.) Leave a comment with your Technorati user name.
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method.
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, December 27, 2009, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. U.S. addresses only.
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of RealSleep to faciliate this review. No other compensation was provided. My experience with this product may differ from yours.