Children’s Book Review and Giveaway: Our Shadow Garden, by Cherie Foster Colburn
Posted Apr 03 2011 5:45pm
There is nothing I love more than looking at pictures drawn by children. At the hospital where my daughter Sadie was born, the walls were lined with pictures drawn by the kids who were patients there. I loved looking at them, no matter what they were, and they always made me smile.
Our Shadow Garden, by Cherie Foster Colburn, had the same effect on me. The book is art by the children of the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. It is beautiful, uplifting, moving, and phenomenal. The book is about a grandchild and her Poppa, who fix up the garden for Nana, hoping to make her smile and feel better because she is sick. They pour their heart and soul into the garden to make it just perfect for her.
The book is filled with wonderful illustrations and useful tips that will help the experienced and inexperienced gardener in your life. It’s a very unique book that would be loved by the young and old. Not only do you get a heartwarming story, but a book filled with children’s art and lessons along the way. Our Shadow Garden is busy yet peaceful, and leaves you with a good feeling inside.
The Children’s Art Project is a volunteer-driven, non-profit business that funds patient-focused programs at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Their mission is to make life better for the children with cancer. I am sure you will love this book, and so will that special somebody in your life.
Click here to order Our Shadow Garden and benefit the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
One lucky winner will receive a copy of the book, Our Shadow Garden, by Cherie Foster Colburn!
OPTIONAL ENTRIES (leave a separate comment for each after completing the mandatory entry) - Follow Susan Heim on Parenting ( @ParentingAuthor ) on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You may tweet this giveaway up to 3x a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet)
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Follow Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Put a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Post this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
- Enter another current giveaway listed on my right sidebar. Let me know in a comment which giveaway(s) you entered. (1 entry per giveaway)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Saturday, April 16, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
DISCLOSURE: A complimentary product sample was provided for this review. No financial compensation was provided.