Children’s Board Book Review and Giveaway -- Baby Baby Baby! by Marilyn Janovitz
Posted Oct 03 2010 2:50pm
In my parenting book, Boosting Your Baby's Brain Power, my co-author and I talk about the importance of reading to children as early as possible, even in the baby years! This helps in language development because, when you read to your little one, his or her brain is making connections in understanding the rhythm of language, the particular sounds of your native language, and the meaning of voice tones when you read. It improves your child’s listening skills, memory, and attention span. It also promotes bonding between you and your baby.
I recently came across a fantastic book for reading with your baby. It’s called, appropriately enough, Baby Baby Baby! by Marilyn Janovitz. This adorable board book (great for little hands) has plenty of rhythm and sound words so you can use lots of expression when reading to your baby. For example, one page says, “Teeny tiny feet, Tippy toes prance, Daddy’s little baby likes to DANCE DANCE DANCE!” Of course, this is a great time to make little dance moves with your baby’s feet while you read! Other pages encourage clapping, crawling, giggling, splashing in the bath, and more. The illustrations are bright, colorful, and adorable. I also love that the baby in the book interacts with several members of the family, such as Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, and even the family pets! At the end of a busy day, Baby gets a hug and kiss and goes to bed.
Author and illustrator Marilyn Janovitz has written more than a dozen children’s books. She is a former antiques dealer and lives in New York City. You can learn more about her and her books at www.marilynjanovitz.com . Baby Baby Baby! is published by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky . I highly recommend this book for reading with your baby or toddler!
I have a copy of Baby Baby Baby! to give to one lucky winner! To enter, leave a comment on this post with the name of a book you like that’s great for reading to babies! You must do this to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional additional entries by… (leave a separate comment for each)
- Following Sourcebooks ( @Sourcebooks ) and Susan Heim on Parenting ( @ParentingAuthor ) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet 3 times a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet.)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Liking Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook . (1 entry)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog (in your own words) with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, October 17, 2010, at 11:59 PM EST. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
DISCLOSURE: I received a copy of this book to review and pass along in this giveaway. No compensation was provided. As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission on sales made through the Amazon links above.