Book Review and Giveaway: Asthma Allergies Children: A Parent’s Guide
Posted Feb 25 2011 10:59am
When I was a kid, I suffered from allergies. Pollen, dust, cats and horses were the major culprits. I was heartbroken when my parents gave our cat, Penelope, away to another family. Back then, my parents didn’t have a lot of resources for learning about my allergies, other than discussions with our doctor. Today’s parents are fortunate to have much more information, especially in the book, Asthma Allergies Children: A Parent's Guide , by Paul Ehrlich, MD, and Larry Chiaramonte, MD, with Henry Ehrlich. In conjunction with the website, AsthmaAllergiesChildren.com , parents can find a wealth of information about their children’s allergies, as well as asthma.
In very easy-to-understand terms, Asthma Allergies Children defines allergy and asthma, and expands on topics such as food allergies, skin allergies, allergy testing, medications, immunotherapy, traditional and alternative treatments, the environment, and much more. Real-life stories from the authors’ patients are also included. It’s a very comprehensive guide that every parent with an allergic or asthmatic child should read.
Visit AsthmaAllergiesChildren.com to learn more about this valuable book, as well as ground-breaking news in the field of allergies and asthma.
One lucky winner will receive a copy of the book, Asthma Allergies Children! To enter, visit AsthmaAllergiesChildren.com and look around. Then leave a comment on this post with something you learned on the site. You must do this to enter the giveaway.
After completing the mandatory entry above, you can earn optional, additional entries if you... (leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow Asthma Allergies Children ( @AACMaven ) and Susan Heim on Parenting ( @ParentingAuthor ) on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You may tweet three times a day. (Please space them at least an hour apart.) Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (1 entry per tweet)
- Like Asthma Allergies Children on Facebook . (1 entry)
- Submit a question related to allergies or asthma at AsthmaAllergiesChildren.com . Leave a comment here describing or copying your question. (3 entries; leave 3 separate comments) [Note that the authors try to answer most questions, but cannot guarantee that your question will be answered. However, you’ll still receive extra entries in this giveaway for submitting your question even if it’s not answered.]
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle. Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for each subscription method for up to 3 entries)
- Follow Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Leave a comment with your GFC name. (1 entry)
- Place a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Post this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Saturday, March 12, 2011, at 11:59 PM ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Contest is open to US residents only.
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this book to facilitate this review. No financial compensation was provided. As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission on sales made through the affiliate links in this post.