B-Calm review & GIVEAWAY for Autism Awareness Month
Posted Apr 09 2009 7:15pm
I have talked about my son Aiden and his difficulties dozens of times. Some of the professionals we've seen believe that Aiden has Asperger Syndrome which is an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Some of the professionals also believe Aiden has some ADHD tendencies. All of this put together means that Aiden sometimes has real difficulty concentrating at school and loud noise can make him go absolutely nuts.
Recently I was contacted by the amazing folks at B-Calm. They asked if I would be willing to test out the B-Calm AudioSedation system with Aiden and I was absolutely thrilled to do so. We have been researching various ways of helping Aiden succeed in school and in life and the B-Calm system sounded like it would definitely help!
First of all let me give you a little bit of information I got off the B-Calm website:
For many students who cope with ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) school can be struggle. Sounds that are typically ignored or unnoticed are often the source of stress, confusion and distraction for students with ADHD and ASD.
That’s why b-Calm has developed AudioSedation. Using familiar headphones and personal audio technology b-Calm is able to make typically distracting and stressful noises unapparent to the wearer! The result is a student better relaxed focused and ready to learn.
Common b-Calm Benefits Include
Dramatic drops in behavior outbursts by ASD students
Less distracted ADHD student
Longer attention span on individual work
Better writing clarity and math comprehension
We have found that Aiden responds extremely well to the B-Calm system! It definitely helps to calm him down. When we need Aiden to be calm we simply hand him the headphones and he puts them on willingly... which may not seem like a big deal to some of you but TRUST ME, it is. He has told me several times that he likes to have the system on and will even ask for it on occasion.
Aiden also seems to concentrate better when he uses the B-Calm. Aiden is very easily distracted by noises and whatever is happening around him, especially when he is doing school work. The B-Calm really does seem to help him ignore the distractions.
Over the past couple weeks I have asked Aiden to use the B-Calm when he is frustrated or angry. He puts the headphones on and sits on his bed and it has helped us avoid a few freak outs.
We have sent the system to school with Aiden and according to him he has used it several times. When I asked him what he thought about it he said "I like it". Three little words that say a lot :)
The wonderful folks at B-Calm are offering two great prizes:
1st place will get one FREE B-Calm System.
2nd place will get a free mp3 download pack of four AudioSedation files.
HOW CAN YOU WIN?
1. Subscribe to the B-Calm website HERE and then come back and tell me you did and who you would like to win this system for. Please don't enter this contest unless you really have someone who could use this ok?
2. Follow B-Calm on twitter HERE and then come back and tell me you did so.
AFTER you have done one or both of the above you can get EXTRA entries by doing any or all of the following. Please leave a SEPARATE comment for each step you complete.
1. Head over to the B-Calm website and take a look around. Come back and tell me something interesting you found out. You can do this as often as you like, just leave me separate comments for each interesting thing you find :)
2. Add my button to your site and leave me the link.
3. Blog about this giveaway and leave me the link to the post.
4. Twitter this giveaway.
5. Stumble this giveaway or site.
6. Subscribe to this blog.
7. Follow this blog.
8. Share this contest on facebook and tell me you did so.
9. For those of you without a blog you can email your friends telling them about this contest and just leave me a comment telling me how many friends you emailed!
I will choose a winner on April 30 th and you will have 48 hours to claim your prize or I will choose a new winner. Please leave me a way to contact you if you win! This giveaway is open to readers in Canada and the USA. Again, please don't enter this contest unless there is really someone in your life who could benefit from it ok? Thanks.
Don't forget to enter my other great giveaways too: