April Is National Youth Sports Safety Month … and Time for a Cleatskins Giveaway!
Posted Apr 01 2009 11:20pm
Last month, I wrote about a really cool product called Cleatskins, which are a revolutionary footwear accessory for athletes on-the-go. Created from state-of-the-art materials, the innovative SKINTEK™ rubber shell fits effortlessly over cleats to take them to the streets, so busy athletes can move on and off the field faster. Cleatskins come in two styles, the Sole and Golfskins™, and are the perfect fit for cleats worn for a variety of outdoor sports, including baseball, football, soccer and golf. The durable construction not only protects expensive cleats from wear and tear created by athletes, youth and adults alike, but the rugged, non-slip rubber establishes a sealed barrier to keep dirt and grass out of homes and cars and improves safety on concrete, asphalt and other solid surfaces. Available in an array of colors, Cleatskins are versatile enough to match any shoe, team uniform or outfit, and the unique machine washable material makes them easy-to-care for and always looking like new. Sports-related injuries account for 41 percent of all musculoskeletal injuries in kids age 5-21 years, so in honor of National Youth Sports Safety Month, Rick and Marianne Kay, the founders of Cleatskins and parents of three active boys, developed six important suggestions for keeping kids safe on the field or court:
1. Warm up properly before playing to prepare the body for physical activities. 2. Make sure to use the proper equipment for each specific sport. 3. Teach athletes the correct way to fall or slide to prevent injuries. 4. As young athletes grow, invest in new, properly sized, protective gear to ensure the proper fit. 5. Keep your cleats in good condition to prevent injury on the field. 6. When wearing cleats off the field, use caution to help prevent slips and falls. Also, in honor of National Sports Safety Month, the Kays have generously offered to give a free pair of Cleatskins to three winners! You get to pick the size and color of your choice, so for the first entry, you MUST go to www.cleatskins.com, peruse all their terrific styles (some of them are on this page), and come back here to leave a comment with the size (specify child or adult; please see their size charts) and the color you’d like. For optional, additional entries, you may:
- Share this giveaway on another social networking site, such as Twitter, Facebook, Stumble Upon, Digg, etc., and leave a comment here with a link to your post.
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to this page and to www.cleatskins.com. Leave another comment.
- Put the button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog or website. (Code is in the upper right-hand corner of this page.) Leave a comment with your URL.
- Subscribe to this blog via email, RSS Feed or as a Blogger Follower. Leave a comment with your subscription method. So, that’s up to six entries you can receive to enter to win a pair of Cleatskins! The contest ends at midnight EST on Thursday, April 16, 2009. Three winners will be selected randomly from the qualified comments received and will be notified via email on April 17, 2009. Please leave a valid email address with your comments if it’s not readily available on your site link. Respond within three days or another winner will be chosen. Thank you!