It's in the headlines, it's on the news, and it's in our day-to-day conversations with people we care about: family, friends, co-workers, neighbors and people within our spiritual circles. When you're out of work, where do you turn when it seems nobody can help you or those you love?
For Tracey and I, and the thousands of people who visit our website everyday, we turn to a power greater than ourselves and we use affirmative prayers.
But what are affirmative prayers? How do you use them? And do they work?
The 7 Great Affirmations for the Unemployed
The following is our suggestion of how to use our 7 Great Affirmations to overcome job loss. We use the term God to mean the higher power of your understanding. These seven affirmations are the ones we and thousands of others have used to overcome unemployment and the negative emotions surrounding it.
1. Change Your Focus Give praise. Take your mind off your life's challenges and shift your focus toward good thoughts and attaining a new job.
Affirmation: I love you God and welcome you into my heart. Thank you for blessing me with a new job.
Tip: For many of your affirmations, affirm as though you have already been blessed with what you are asking for.
2. Put Yourself in a State of Gratitude Take a moment and reflect on all the good things in your life and give thanks. Change your thinking from lack to thanks.
Affirmation: Thank you God, you give me power, comfort and strength while I find a new job.
Tip: Affirmations without taking action are just wishes. Take steps forward every day to find a new job and give thanks for everything during the day. There is nothing too small to give thanks for. For example, thank God for the beautiful day, a smile, a kind word, not to mention your health, family, etc.
3. Connect with Your Higher Power -- From Whom all Blessings Flow Feel God's presence and know that God is within you right now, and that you are connected with God.
Affirmation: God, you are within me right now and you are helping me through my job search and helping me find the perfect job for me.
Tip: When using affirmations, don't beg. Instead, talk as though you are talking with your best friend. Talk and affirm positively, and know that you are loved.
4. It's Okay to Ask to Be Blessed with a New Job God wants the very best for you . . . "whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive".
Affirmation: I am being led on the right path for me today for finding a new job, leaving all the details to God…I am blessed.
Tip: Some people believe for some reason they don't deserve blessings -- throw this idea out once and for all! You are a good person. You are loved. You deserve to be blessed, so ask to be blessed in prayer, believe you'll be blessed, and you will receive blessings!
5. Be on the Lookout for "Messengers" and Blessings Be alert to messengers and events that have been sent your way to help you receive the blessings you desire, which includes helping you through the entire process of your re-employment.
Affirmation: God, because I see you everywhere, I easily recognize it when you are reaching out to bless me. I take continuous action and leave no stone unturned.
Tip: Set a goal. Have a clear picture of the job you want. Put your re-employment goals in writing. There are studies that report that those who put their goals in writing achieve dramatically better results than those who don't. So write down your re-employment affirmations in a journal along with your re-employment goals, and then take ACTION!
6. Bless and Love Others "Love your neighbor as you would love yourself". When you are out of a job it's easy to feel very alone and isolated in your negative situation. Again, it's crucial that you maintain a positive mental attitude, and an easy way to do this is to say short, loving affirmations, blessing others.
Affirmation: I love and bless my family and friends. I love and bless all those who are in need of love, comfort and strength.
Tip: Decide to live in the now. Don't fret about the past, don't worry about the future. Don't go through your re-employment alone. Connect with family, friends, people you've worked with in the past, community services and your spiritual circle.
7. Use Your Talents Whatever you put into the universe will come back to you ten-fold. You have special gifts. Reflect on these gifts and how they can help others. Be open to a completely different career; maybe a move to a new location. With every adversity there is the seed of an equal or greater benefit.
Affirmation: God, work through me now and help me do your good works. The more I help others, and do your good work, the more blessings I attract into my life.
Tip: While looking for a new job, stay active. Volunteer. Help others. It's the right thing to do and your volunteer work may very well connect you to a person or event that will help you become re-employed.
Tracey and I want to help you with your re-employment. To download a free pocket-size prayer card designed to help you stay positive, take action and get a new job, please visit www.the7greatprayers.com/unemployed. And please consider committing to the 21-day Prayer Challenge found on our website.
Author Bio Paul and Tracey McManus authors of The 7 Great Prayers: For a Lifetime of Hope and Blessings, originally created The 7 Great Prayers in response to their own financial and personal challenges. They have made it their mission to teach others how to live abundant and blessed lives by tapping into the power of God and the power of the mind through The 7 Great Prayers. They live in Connecticut with their three children.
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
Please note: Your email address MUST either be in your comment or available on your blogger profile or your entry will NOT count!! **
* Leave us a comment on any post here at Pink Lemonade ( be sure to comment on this post & let us know where you commented ).
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name).
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget). Leave me a comment with your site url.
* Become a member of our Social Network. Leave a comment with your username.
There you have it! Seven very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page.
This contest ends TODAY Monday, June 8th at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all seven entries TODAY! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.