5 Reason Why I Became A Good Housekeeping Fan and You Should Too
Posted Sep 18 2011 1:02pm
Contributor Jennifer Wagner, founder of Connect with Your Teens lets us in on the newly re-designed Good Housekeeping website
I have to admit that until recently, I had no clue how great the Good Housekeeping brand was. Since I don't cook, I'm not very domestic and my main interests are pop culture and technology, my magazine reading list basically consists of Entertainment Weekly and Wired. I was recently given a tour of the Good Housekeeping Research Institute and the redesign of the website and I am here tell you, I am a complete convert.
Why do I now love Good Housekeeping?
1. The Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval - I had heard of this before but never realized how seriously it was taken. On the tour of the labs I saw what went into the rigorous product testing and they stand by every product they give the seal to. I'm not always sure I can trust recommended products in magazines, but now I know I can trust Good Housekeeping's recommendations. Good Housekeeping will not even accept an ad that makes claims without being able to provide evidence to back up the claim.
2. Easy to Find Product Reviews! The new re-designed Good Housekeeping website puts all the product reviews in one place making them easy to find. This website is now my go-to site to research an item before I buy it.
3. You Can Read Good Housekeeping Anywhere! HTML5 was used to a great degree in the design of the new website, which means that the site looks and functions very well on a variety of platforms in addition to your computer such as tablets and mobile phones. So you can even open up the Good Housekeeping website while you are shopping to look up a product review.
4. Tons of Product Reviews! I was clearly wrong in my thinking that Good Housekeeping was only about cooking and cleaning. If the product reviews of every type of item weren't enough to keep my coming to the website, the articles on fitness, health, beauty, anti-aging, family, organizing, money and travel would get me here. The articles are written in a quick to read, mostly list type style that won't take up too much time from your busy day.
5. Great Tools to Solve Everyday Home Problems: The home page has two great tools, the Kitchen Magician and The Stain Buster, in which you can find a recipe based on your needs or learn how to get out a specific stain, in a matter of seconds.