Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Education & Tech
+ Add Blog to My Feeds
› View Profile
› Send a message
› Write on Whiteboard
More from this Member
Manual Arts High School, A Teacher's Schedule Day
Education Today 07/07/2008
Nobody Wants to Hear About Science Now
EdTech Weekly Round Up Meetings, Invitation
Celebrating Independence Day!
» View All
10 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me When I Started Teaching.
Posted Sep 24 2010 5:22am
I have been teaching for many year and this list really struck me. It was aimed to new teachers but after you read the list you will accept all that description applies to you, too.
Every teacher has a wide range of experiences during his/her career , this compendium will refresh your memory, if does not help you in the classroom.
We would love to copy the whole text but
hasn't liberated her contents under Creative Commons, yet. So in place, I'll transfer, at least the main ideas.
The following are the 10 Things Every Teacher Must Remember:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff - First week of classes is a mess.
2. If you can put off until tomorrow what you planned on doing today...you might want to think about it - Do your school stuff and then think of YOURSELF.
3. You can only plan what you can plan - Planning doesn't have to be a wreck.
4. There is no such thing as empty time - Even when you have it, use it to your own benefit.
5. Be prepared for anything. Really: anything - Do not pay us for do everything, but we have to.
6. Improvise - Have you ever made a mistake? You know how to get out of it.
7. Use resources from your sources - Is not always bad to overlook what your colleagues are doing.
8. Never assume. Speak up! - It never hurts to ask. Make sure all parties understand the point.
9. Some days, you have to be brave and hold your own hand - Loneliness may play against every teacher, but you still have family and friends.
10. Your moment will come to you - The best reform ever, cannot give a path for success. You are always in charge.
If you want to receive my future posts regularly for FREE, please subscribe in a
Follow me on
For other concerns,
Post a comment
Write a comment:
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan to Discuss Importance of Math and Science Education and Elevating the Teaching Professio
Education Secretary Arne Duncan to Travel to Baltimore to Discuss Education Reform and Efforts to Honor the Nation’s Teach
U.S. Education Secretary to Visit New Jersey to Host TEACH Town Hall Meeting with Mayor Booker, Congressman Payne and Educators
Under Secretary of Education to Address EdSource Symposium: Transforming Public Education: What’s Next for Students, Teach
Educators Deal with Relationship between the PowerPoint Teaching and Traditional Teaching
Education Secretary Arne Duncan to Celebrate Launch of Teach Plus D.C. and Inaugural Class of Teaching Policy Fellows
Department Of Education Senior Official and Teaching Ambassador Fellow to Highlight Teaching and Learning in Rural Areas in Clea
Teach Your Teachers Well: New Hot Topic -Teacher Education
Have educators lost their mind?Teaching 10yrs old about types of intercourse?
U.S. Education Secretary to Call on Howard University Students to Pursue Teaching Careers
About Health Mavens
activities for physical education
physical education activities
measurement in physical education and exercise science
diabetic patient education
Video Health Stories
Advertise With Us
See all the
latest blog posts.
Salmonella Nutrition Bars
Children Staph Infection
How to Reduce LDL
Life Expectancy Emphysema
Itchy Swollen Eyelids
Bone Density Medications
Causes of Swelling
Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Sore Neck Glands
Itchy Rash on Arms
Itchy Throat Cough
Pinched Nerve Neck Symptoms
Burning Sensation During Urination
Blood Clots During Period
Swollen Lymph Node Armpit
Causes of Lump
Causes of Itching
Swollen Lymph Nodes Groin
Signs of Pregnancy Before Missed Period
Causes of Rash
Coughing Up Phlegm
Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes
Early Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Gillian Barre Syndrome
Sore Throat Body Aches
Symptoms of Swelling
Side Effects of Flu Shot
Find a Counselor
Wellsphere does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
See additional information.
Copyright © 2015 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.