A 2007 study by the University of Washington compared the pesticide levels of children of eating organic food vs. a conventional diet. Researchers found that kids who ate a conventional diet had as much as six to nine times more toxic pesticides in their bodies as the children who ate organic foods. Although there is no conclusive evidence of the effects of the pesticides, over time these poisonous substances are beleived to be responsible for various cancers and childhood leukemia.
One thing is made clear by the study: the more pesticides that go into the body, the more stay there.
Does this information make a difference in how you will feed yourself and/or your children?