And for this week, 13 things about the Summer coming to an end and going back-to-school:
1) I love the Summer, when school gets out, because the traffic drops tremendously. During hte school year it takes me 10 to 15 minutes longer to get to work, and that's 10 to 15 more minutes of frustration a day. I suppose I need to learn to relax in my car -- maybe some Mind Gym audio for my car would be productive?
2) Back-to-school means Cass-a-frass' birthday is close. I think it's hilarious how excited she gets for a birthday party. I mean, in an almost 5 year old's world it absolutely IS everything. I think she's planned several different suare's, but we've settled on a Tinkerbell theme and a party at the local gymnastics place. :)
3) I hate the heat... I know, I've said it before, but this Summer was just styfeling... suffocating.. yuck! It's nice to know that in just 6 to 8 weeks we'll get a cold-snap... just maybe. :)
4) End of the Summer also means the end of my personal tri schedule. There are a couple I might contemplate, but I think I'm done for the year after August is through. I will look towards focusing on my running and half-marathon goals, but will continue to cross-train with biking, swimming and weights.
5) I do enjoy the sounds of everyone playing by the pool. Generally everyone is happy -- it's almost like escaping reality.
6) Schlitterbahn -- the best summertime fun, even if I have to prance around in a swimsuit all day long with people I don't know! :)
7) Family/friends cookouts. Love the company and smells.
8) Kind of indirect, but I love listening to my Springsteen music. Reminds of back home, "down the shore" -- good times!
9) Fresh fruit!
10) I always feel more motivated for training/exercising in the cooler weather. I look forward to feeling like there is nothing I won't do or try.
11) The end of Summer means, back to school, which means the holidays will be upon us. I actually enjoy the holidays with family and friends, even though they get hectic. I look forward to heading out to the pumpkin patch and picking out a Christmas tree with Cassie -- she just enjoys it so much -- and so do Darren and I!
12) The Summertime blues... We want Summer to end for all the bad reasons, but once it does we long to have it back. LOL
13) I don't know why but school uniforms and shiny new backpacks make me happy -- I don't know why. :)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!