Nicci Talbot is a freelance journalist, copy-editor and the author of seven non-fiction books on health, wellbeing and sexuality. She is Women's Health feature writer at Suite101 and writes for a number of magazines and websites including Need2Know, Hamlyn, Amorata Press, More, Wellbeing, Scarlet, Practical Parenting & Pregnancy, and healthmango.com. She has a BA (hons) degree in English from Anglia Ruskin University, and a postgraduate diploma in magazine journalism.
In Rude Health is Nicci's blog and erotic boutique and includes interviews and profiles, product reviews, book reviews, and reportage of Salons and workshops. Her passion is helping women to improve body image issues and confidence, deepening intimacy and communication skills, and facilitating the growth and exploration of our sensual and intimate lives.
Nicci is currently working on a series of ebooks (In Rude Health guides) about sexual health and wellbeing. Topics include loss of libido, pelvic toning, sex toys, and orgasms. Nicci regularly supplies copy and quotes for newspapers and magazine articles about women's health, sexuality and lifestyle issues and trends. She also gives talks to networking groups and is happy to participate in events, workshops, podcasts and vodcasts.
Published Works: * The Menopause - An Essential Guide (Need2Know, 2009) * Fast Sex - How to Master the Art of the Quickie (Hamlyn, 2009) * Unzipped (Hamlyn, 2008) * Going Down (Amorata Press, 2008) * Orgasm - A Sensual Guide to Female Ecstasy (Hamlyn, 2007) * Get Over Your Break-up (Hodder Arnold, 2007) * The Beauty Book (Barrons, 2007) * Dummies Guide to Children's Health (Wiley & Sons, 2006) Co-writer
Online Journalism and Author Interviews:
* Juliaarmstrong.com: The Bare Truth podcast interview
* BBC Radio Sussex: Afternoon With Allison Ferns
* Healthmango.com: The Mooncup Menstrual Cup Guide & Review
* Daily Sport: Fancy a Quickie?
* Scarlet Magazine: 8 Daredevil Sexploits to Try Before You Die
* Buy Association: Facial Acupuncture
* Phamous 69: Interview with Sam Roddick
* Suite 101: Interview With Lucy Wyndham-Read
* Suite 101 Editor's Choice: BodyWorlds Exhibition
* Suite 101 Editor's Choice: What is Cervical Cancer?
* Suite101 Editor's Choice: 'Great Swapathon' - Free Food Vouchers and Healthy Eating Tips
* Amazon Author Page Professional Memberships:
* Women in Journalism * Guild of Health Writers
* National Union of Journalists (Brighton & Hove)
* The Society of Authors
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org about.me/niccitalbot