“You don’t need permission to put yourself first more often”
Sometimes little “things” casually float into our lives. At first with not much fanfare. Magically we connect, moment by moment. After a while we fall in love. Madly. Wonder how we ever lived without them. Wonder why we hadn’t bought, tried or experienced them before.
Other “new things” loudly announce themselves. They become all consuming. Make an impact. Forever changing our lives and who we are.
Often these “new things” circle us a few times before we notice them The “three times” rule. When you hear or see something three times it’s meant to be. You stop, pay attention, take action.
Some “new things” we love stay forever, others are healing and helpful only for a short time in our lives. Their impact nevertheless profound and much needed at the time.
Things we love need to be shared. So following are the things I’m loving at the moment.
Some you may already love, others you might have wondered about but never tried or some may be totally foreign and new to you. Either way, let me know what you think. Feel free to share your own.
Things I’m Loving At The Moment:
1. Magnesium oil spray: An absolute winner in my book. I’m not a lover of tablets but a few squirts onto the souls of each foot or behind the knee is a super easy and efficient way to ingest magnesium.
Magnesium is great for stress. The heart muscle really, really, loves magnesium, restless legs love magnesium, aches and pains love magnesium. There is an endless list of great things magnesium does for your body.
Added bonus – magnesium is great when traveling as it helps keeps you “regular” if you know what I mean. I bought mine from my local health food store, the brand is amazing oils.
2. Eko travel yoga mat: Yep, folds into book size. Super sticky. Love my purple colour. Very light. I now have a portable sacred space that travels with me no matter where I am in the world.
Manduka make these Eko superLite eco friendly travel mats. Click here to check them out. As I live in Australia I bought mine locally from YogaZura great service and super quick delivery.
3. Hula hooping: Such fun. And you can’t help but smile. Fabulous way to exercise. Learn tricks (I’ve now mastered a few simple ones).
After having hula hoop classes in Ubud, Bali last year and loving it – I bought myself a travel hula hoop. Yep, you heard me. It’s collapsible (5 pieces) How cool is that! You can make it smaller or larger.
I bought mine f rom three worlds . There’s also glo in the dark and fire hula hoops. Awesome!
4. Vetiver essential oil. I’ve been in love with vevtiver forever. It’s a thick strong essential oil. Not everyone loves it. I do! It’s calming and very grounding. Perfect for settling restless energies. A few drops onto the souls of your feet before bed is calming for your nervous system and an over active mind. It’s also a must have oil at all my retreats.
Protect yourself: Apply one drop of the essential oil “Vetiver” onto your solar plexus each morning. Vetiver helps from taking on too much of other people’s junk.
5. Didgeridoo sound medicine: Prepare to be changed forever. There is something divinely magical when a didgeridoo (in the flesh) is played over your body. Your whole being tingles. Your cells awaken and dance for joy. You become acutely aware of a pure aliveness pulsing through you. It’s explosive and its magically. Didgeridoo sound medicine is now a therapeutic part of my Rejuvenation Retreats in Ubud , Bali.
If you don’t have a didgeridoo player handy then drop into any sound medicine class. Crystal Bowls – Japanese Bowls – Shakuhachi . Sacred sound either with instrument or voice (mantra’s) moves an effortless flow of energy through you for profound nourishment and healing.
Peace, love and refreshed energy, Carole
Know you are always welcome to email me healthylivinglounge ( @ ) gmail.com