I was searching for some information on holistic treatment on lowering cholesterol levels after being diagnosed with high cholesterol last year.
Regular check up or screening of your cholesterol level is very important. It is recommended for men and women of 20 years or above to get the test done every five years. This kind of screening helps to keep your health in check. It also helps if the patient has a family history of diseases like diabetes, obesity or cardiovascular disease. I took some time to check out several natural health remedies for lowering cholesterol while reading Lipofuze reviews. Below are some of them are your consideration:
• Drinking orange juice every day increases HDL level by nearly 21%. This is possible due to the presence of flavonoids.
• Kidney and red beans are another source to increase HDL level. They contain low-glycemic carbohydrates which do not require insulin spikes during digestion.
• Eating fish several times a week is very useful in increasing HDL level as it contains omega-3 fatty acids. Fishes like sardine, salmon, sea bass, herring and many more are some of the sources of good cholesterol. If you do not like fish, you can have fish oil supplements.
• Olive oil contains the highest number of mono-saturated fats. Having 1-2 teaspoons in your daily diet would help you tremendously.
• Oat bran lowers LDL and increases HDL. Studies have shown that two ounces of oat bran per day helps in reducing 16% LDL and 15% increase in HDL.
• Half raw onion per day increases HDL level by 30%.